"Hillary Clinton Outlines Vision of More Job Opportunities for People With Disabilities"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 22, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/22/us/politics/hillary-clinton-speech.html?_r=1

Article has more

2. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Good luck with that, that means the 31yr old able body patient I had last week would have to give up her Medicare.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Win or lose I still like the way (mostly) that Hillary has conducted her campaign. While Trump imitates and mocks the disabled, Hillary champions the cause and brings disabled people to share a stage with her. I love that she is talking about the working needs of the disabled. No one ever mentions or even thinks about that.

4. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

Not sure I understand due to lack of criteria. Your able bodied person gets medicare because of discrimination? If everything government is bad and everything private sector is good*, you make it sounds like medicare is better than what private companies put out for health care coverage.

* was not inferring from what you said, only repeating what people who are anti-government either say that or heavily imply it with their commentary in forums and even on social media more brazenly

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Medicare is for people 65 and over. What are you talking about?

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

If you can qualify for disability (not that hard to do), you are entitled to Medicare regardless of age provided you put something in the system at some point.

7. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

Medicare provides gov't supplied health coverage to seniors (65 & up) and the disabled (physical AND mental, so you can be able bodied, but not neurotypical), regardless of income.

Medicaid, provides health coverage for the poor.

For someone in the medical field, you should know the difference.

8. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

Well the Medicare website seems to agree with BoxerGT2.5 that you can get Medicare prior to age 65 if you have a disability.

upload_2016-9-22_15-12-4.png

9. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Which is exactly what I said. o_O

10. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

Able-bodied people can't find ****ing jobs in this **** Obama economy, and this unhealthy bitch thinks jobs will magically appear for those with disabilities?

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Charming. :rolleyes:

And not true. There are jobs. And the disabled have needs too. But let's ignore the disabled in a partisan rant instead!