Hillary Clinton State Department

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Approved Weapons Sales For Company That Made Sandy Hook Assault Rifle
Hillary Clinton presents herself as a tough advocate for gun control. But the State Department she led for four years helped approve more than $100 million in weapons sales for a handful of companies — including the manufacturer of the AR-15 semi-automatic that Adam Lanza used to kill 20 children in Sandy Hook Elementary School in 2012.

The sales to foreign nations, noted in Defense Department documents, include $4.2 million in receipts from the Remington Arms Co., which was sued by families of the Sandy Hook victims. They argued that the company was culpable because it marketed military-grade weapons to civilians.

http://www.ibtimes.com/political-capital/hillary-clinton-state-department-approved-weapons-sales-company-made-sandy-hook

funny as hell.

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
Honestly this is just a cheap shot. These approvals occurred before Sandy Hook happened - Sandy Hook occurred in December 2012, just two months before Clinton left the State Department. I guess inability to foresee the future is just another Hillary failing...

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Honestly this is just a cheap shot. These approvals occurred before Sandy Hook happened - Sandy Hook occurred in December 2012, just two months before Clinton left the State Department. I guess inability to foresee the future is just another Hillary failing...
Hillary had no problem selling that gun until it went against her political purposes.

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
Hillary had no problem selling that gun until it went against her political purposes.
Right. Because approving the sale of military guns to foreign militaries is exactly the same as approving their sale general public civilians (and to child killers). :rolleyes: x ~

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Right. Because approving the sale of military guns to foreign militaries is exactly the same as approving their sale general public civilians (and to child killers). :rolleyes: x ~
She is the "gun advocate". Meanwhile she is bitching that Bernie is opposed to it while she ok'd a few billion in sales.

Reactions: jkcerda

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
It's politics. Cheap shots are done by and at everyone running for office. It's the American way. Ideally, a little more relevance...

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
She is the "gun advocate". Meanwhile she is bitching that Bernie is opposed to it while she ok'd a few billion in sales.

Maybe you'll understand it the second time around.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Totally non-responsive to the issue at hand.
issue at hand, her selling weapons & getting plenty of donations to the Clinton foundation, something you overlook
In debates or her stump speech, Clinton has not mentioned the arms deal that benefited Remington. (She also has not mentioned that while she led the State Department, various countries whose governments made donations to the Clinton Foundation received a boost in arms export approvals.) Under the Arms Export Control Act, the State Department plays a pivotal role in approving arms deals, with the Secretary of State specifically being “responsible for the continuous supervision and general direction of sales.”

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
issue at hand, her selling weapons & getting plenty of donations to the Clinton foundation, something you overlook
No, the issue at hand in my post was approval of sales of military guns for military use does not equal approval of military guns for civilian use. Your fundraising reply has ZERO to do with my point.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
No, the issue at hand in my post was approval of sales of military guns for military use does not equal approval of military guns for civilian use. Your fundraising reply has ZERO to do with my point.
So she is ok with sensuously killing certain people, but not others?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
you are both wrong, he told the truth when he said he loved the poorly educated.

you can't really make Bernie look bad.
No, unless you read his plans and see that it relies on 5% growth. The man is senile if he believes we will grow at that rate.

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Assault rifles are made to kill people. Assault rifles are bad. Assault rifles are evil until we can export millions of them. Then assault rifles are A-OK.

Typical Clintonian logic.

Robisan

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2014
Because you are going off. A tangent avoiding the O.P
No, because I was responding to a specific comment in this thread. You see, there's this button called "Reply" and when you click it you're then permitted to enter content specifically about the post to which you're replying.
[doublepost=1461108554][/doublepost]
So she is ok with sensuously killing certain people, but not others?
Your indifference to publicly embarrassing yourself is impressive.

Reactions: steve knight