Hillary Clinton: 'The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment'

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zin, Oct 1, 2016.

1. zin macrumors 6502

What did she mean by this? Is there a case in particular she's referring to?

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

That's the unabridged wording, for which the first half is often conveniently forgotten. I'm glad she sounds passionate on that issue since it's a big one.

My guess is that the Supreme Court thinks open carry for big automatic weapons is okay since, in the 21st century, warfare is carried out by invaders from other countries using guns and hiding in alleys. As opposed to using cleaner forms of destruction such as economic manipulation and the greed therein.

3. zin thread starter macrumors 6502

I can only assume she's referring to DC v. Heller, which ruled that people have an individual right to own a firearm.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Gun ownership as it stands in the United States is over. Gun owners have failed to come across as reasonable people or build alliances with other groups who should be aligned (such as environmentalists).

The way you tackle political correctness gone mad in my experience is by pointing out it's unpopular (gun restrictions are popular), that the harm is less than the harm of the restrictions (30,000 deaths a year is a lot) and by proposing alternatives to solve the problems (gun owners haven't done this).

A president trump who can't even be arsed to prepare for a debate isn't going to help.

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Another example of Hillary's stance against guns.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Gun owners were all voting for a Trump anyway...

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Why would Hillary even bring up guns? Is she trying to lose?

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Because most Americans are fed up with the mass shootings and problems guns cause.

And gun owners are going to vote for Trump anyway to avoid having a different Supreme Court.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

There are plenty of independents who will vote solely on guns. If she's smart she wouldn't touch it.It would be like Trump bringing up abortion.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

http://www.ccrkba.org/poll-shows-gun-owners-will-vote-for-trump-not-clinton/

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Independents don't vote based on one issue. Real independents are going to be ones who hold positions from different parties on different issues and have to decide which are the most important during that election season. Now I'm sure there are plenty of single issue voters that are embarrassed to admit to being Republicans and claim to be independents while voting for the Republican candidate 100% of the time because they are for unrestricted access to guns for all.