Hillary Clinton's Concession Speech

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Meister, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Meister Suspended

Meister

Now I don't trust this woman as far as I can throw her, but her concession speech was gracious and positive.

She didn't attack Trump - the opposite in fact - and took her defeat with pride.

I have no other choice but to give her credit for that.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Thanks for posting this; an impressive, gracious, generous and dignified speech.

I recall watching Senator McCain deliver an equally gracious speech in 2008.

3. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Bearing in mind that Trump promised to prosecute her for her misdeeds, she'd be exceedingly reckless to provoke him by being anything BUT gracious and positive.

4. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I'll bet she was close to having a heart attack reading that speech. She's as phony as a 3 dollar bill

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

6. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Now that the speech is done, she needs to go away. Either retire or go to jail...

I wonder how much her speeches and time will be worth now? Will foreign governments be jumping head over heels to pay for access still?

7. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Obama's speech was amazing. I enjoyed reading that as well. Can't wait to watch both as soon as I get off work. Stupid me forgot the headphones at home.

8. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

I hate to break up this bipartisan circle jerk, but Clinton's speech was nothing but her saying," We need to keep fighting".

9. belvdr macrumors 603

Conceding does not necessarily mean giving up on one's beliefs.

10. Meister, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016

Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

I don't want to rewatch, but I think in the beginning she said to stay positive and keep an open mind in regards to Trump for the sake of the country.

While I distrust her too, there really wasn't much wrong with that speech.
    Especially considering that this was a horribly harsh election fight.

It sends the right message to her followers.
    The Clintons are sly and conniving, but their followers just seem a bit naive and simple.

We control congress and have the president on our side now.
    This is not the time to kick these people when they are down.
    Maybe even look at their concerns and separate the crazy from the legit.

11. SusanK macrumors 68000

The speech was good but delivered late. Clinton should have spoken to her supporters early this morning instead of sending Podesta.

12. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

This election was a rough ride.
    I think the timing was perfect.

13. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Honestly I don't think she had a concession speech prepared.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

I appreciate the original post. I fail to see how any criticism of the speech adds value to the conversation. Or further personal attacks on her.

I will add that I thought Trump's concession speech last night was well done. He had very nice words for Hillary that seemed quite genuine.

I think both parties, candidates and teams know quite well that this country is divided. No matter who won the election, there needs to be healing of this "divide." Trump and his team knew this last night. The time for "pitchforks" and the us vs them are over. Obama said it. Hillary said it. We are ONE nation - all on the same team.

15. Strider64 macrumors regular

Strider64

While I'm not a Hillary supporter, her speech seemed to be genuine and heartfelt. I thought to myself had she had that kind of compassion during the election that we might had been seeing a Trump concession speech.

16. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

Careful. Appearances can be deceiving.

Her actions speak for her true intension.

But the speech was good.

17. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I'm left wondering just how much Clinton can charge for a speech now.

18. 5684697 Suspended

Biggest Loser? Chelsea Clinton. She was on her way to be a billionaire, now she may be dragged down by her association with the Clinton Global Initiative. The donors are not happy, nor will be the new Justice Department.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016 ---
    She may have to pay some of that money back! A lot of "donors" didn't get what they paid for!

19. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Damn, the Hillary hate is on unhealthy levels. Who's the next victim of such hate?

20. SusanK macrumors 68000

I don't think it's hatred. Clinton generates some feeling other than admiration. A snapshot of her fatal flaw as a candidate is her decision to dispatch Podesta to speak to her supporters early this morning. Many were distressed true believers who waited most of the night for results. It was not convenient for her to step on the elevator and go to them so she didn't. Not cool. Elections are about the electorate.

21. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I watched the video when I got home from work and picked up on that too. Basically, she might be saying that Trump and the Republicans are going to **** you over, so stand up and fight back. But I don't know what to think and I don't think it matters all too much.

Her speech was loads better than during her campaign trail, I'll give her that much.

22. Meister thread starter Suspended

Meister

I have to disagree.

I could only hold attention for the first 5 minutes.

Obama is a terrible speaker and his speech was basically content free. I am so glad when this guy is gone.