Hillary confronted by BLM again over "we have to bring them to heel"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 1458279, Feb 25, 2016.

1. 1458279 Suspended

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nted-about-1996-super-predators-a6894851.html

Now that she knows she need the Black vote, she's clearly pandering to them. Why do they vote for her? She's never done anything to help, yet they keep giving away their vote.

yea, I know, it's better than voting for the other side...

BTW, if this happened to Trump, it would be all over every news outlet.

2. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

What's the matter, emails not a strong enough slander anymore?

Hilary's voting record and actions far outweigh the super predator remarks? She wasn't the one who came up with that term, so I'll cut her some slack.

She's still getting my "black vote".

3. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Dems have been cut some slack for 50 years... When are the promises going to be kept?

Keep standing in line at the bank trying to cash the same check that keeps bouncing... ... let us know how it turns out... oh, wait, never mind, we already know how it's going to turn out.

It's like watching a rerun and hoping it comes out different this time.

4. FieldingMellish Suspended

There were super-predators. Saying so isn't racist or wrong. A problem must be defined before is can be addressed. There were legions of young blacks with no father figure and only the streets to learn from and who were attracted to the easy money drugs afforded them. Killing was often a way to gain entry into the gang. Pick a random person and murder them. If someone looked at you funny, take out your piece and blow them away without a care of worry in the world. How do you think the incredibly high numbers of black-on-black crime and murder gets so high?

5. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Oh don't get me wrong, I have no doubt there's a huge problem there. The thing is that it's not PC to talk about it. She's being told to say "sorry" for something that has truth in it.
    She's jumping from side to side trying to find the sweet spot on major issues like Black poverty, income, same-sex marriage, and many other things. She's flip flopping like a fish out of water and the Dems are perfectly ok with this.

It's really strange to watch that Obama is president and has completely failed Blacks in every way. Now they are going to Hillary and asking her to say things that will make NO difference at all. She will do NOTHING to fix anything for Blacks, yet they just want to hear her say "sorry".

It's really amazing that they've been completely screwed for some 50 years and all they want is to hear "sorry".

It's actually sad to watch and Hillary is just playing it in the most awkward way I've seen yet. Look at the videos when she interacts with Blacks, it's so awkward it's funny.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

Hillary did more of her negro talk recently when hanging alongside Sharpton. So inauthentic and embarrassing.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Feb 25, 2016 ---
    which part of her records & actions? because she has been for things before she has been against them on a gazillion issues
    DOMA
    War
    domestic spying
    NAFTA
    TPP
    etc

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    The democrats have been pandering to black people since the 60's, you say? I wonder what George Wallace would say about that.

9. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

It really shows how she owns them, that would be considered racist if it were done by anyone on the right.
    You got to give them credit, they know how to lock in a group of people like few others do. Its funny that they do nothing to earn the vote, yet it's locked up solid. Excellent PR/marketing on their part.

10. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Poor Hillary! These accusations have been dogging her for some time. I'm sure she's dog-tired from such rough treatment. (Hello! She barked like a dog!)

11. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Obama hasn't failed blacks. They've failed themselves. Lack of accountability is probably the biggest problem going right now in this country.

Everyone wants to blame the guy in charge like he's some kind of magician who can waive his wand and make everything better. Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way. People should start looking in the mirror.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

awesome post .

13. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

Couldn't agree more, but knowing human nature, they'll never look in the mirror.

14. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Don't get me wrong. Obama's not a saint and there are many things he could have done better, especially related to this issue since he is the first black president.

But one man can't fix everything.

15. 1458279 thread starter Suspended

I really wish he would have become like Bill Clinton after the 94 mid terms. Both Bill and Reagan worked with the other side and got things done. Obama doubled down and said "I have a phone and a pen", nothing got done.

16. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

No he can't wave his hand and fix it but as a leader he can start the difficult conversation and offer direction.

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

She played into an entire structure that used the blatantly racist (dogwhistle) term of "SuperPredator", a myth that was used in the 90's to get public support (the term and idea were all over the media) for the crime bill, which in effect was systemically racist regardless of whether that was the intent.

So yes, while Hillary was making speeches using this term to garner public support for the bill, Bernie was here taking on this Super Predator ******** with REALITY:

If anyone wants to read up on the Super Predator idea, and how big it was in influencing the public and Congress, read "Rise of the Warrior Cop", it goes over the idea at length.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

She might have used the term "SuperPredator", but she never mentioned race. Remember this was at an era when gang violence was at it's peak, and unfortunately blacks were at the center of gang violence. Many people and politicians were influenced by racist ideology, not even realizing that ideology was racist. Shall we explore all the terms every politician used back in the days?

And by BTW .... Bernie voted for the same crime bill he supposedly was against.

I don't care about the dislike people have for Hilary, but for anyone to plant her as a racist better have legit reasons to. This is nothing but more BS smear, and I hate the fact that many blacks are falling for it.

19. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I'm not trying to paint HER as a racist, but as First Lady using her platform to further what was clearly a systemically racist bill she played a role. You can be part of system racism without you yourself being racist.

Let's not forget that the crime bill was part of the omnibus. So that means vote for the omnibus and all the crap that was inserted into it (such as the crime bill) or shut the government down.

To make myself clear: Bernie voted for the omnibus in its entirety to keep the Government open while speaking out vigorously in the congress against the crime bill.

Hillary, most likely unwittingly, furthered a racist corporate (this was the beginning of private prisons) agenda by buying into a propaganda campaign (that's what the entire super predator theory was) and using her platform as First Lady to further said propaganda.

What this means is knowingly or not, Hillary was part of systemic racism (as Bernie was in vote, while speaking out against it in the video I've provided) in her role advocating for the crime bill. Just like she is currently (with her campaign CFO being the guy that WROTE the CFTA that deregulated the banks) part of the systemic corruption of government by Wall Street.

20. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

So between here doing a minstrel show in slave-speak in a black church, and basically calling black people animals, you still support her?

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I not saying that's what you claim. I'm saying that's how this is publicly being played out among the Right and Bernie supporters.

22. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Ok, just wanted to be clear about that, we clearly have agreements here but I didn't want to talk past you or leave the idea out there that I think Hillary is personally racist.

cheers

23. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Source? Cause the only one I know that some made a big deal of, was her just quoting someone word from word.

When did she call black people animals?

24. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

When I quote notable black figures, I don't sound like I am cooning. Do you?

Here try it: "I don't feel no ways tired. I come too far from where I started from. Nobody told me that the road would be easy. I don't believe He brought me this far."

If Brother Malcolm had read that quote or Morgan Freeman, do you think they would have sounded like they were on the verge of tap dancing?

When you refer to a person as a "super predator" you imparting on them attributes associated with zoology; you are calling them animals, make no mistake.