Hillary For America?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by obeygiant, Apr 12, 2015.

?

Would you vote for Clinton right now?

1. Yes

46 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    50.4%
  3. Can't decide

10 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

FOXNEWS

Good luck!

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Not sure what "voting right now" is supposed to accomplish but I certainly don't plan on voting for any of the clowns currently running on the Republican side. Absent anyone else running on the Democratic side, my answer would be yes.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Based on available and acceptable candidates who have a hope of winning the next Presedential election- yes I would. The GOP is intent on rolling out the usual collection of clowns and/or harsh self-serving right wing ideologs who focus on the approval of a small group of citizens.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Vote for Hillary against Ted Cruz or Rand Paul?

Absolutely.

5. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

It’s unfair to ask Democrats about voting because voting presumes choice. The Democratic Party has eschewed the sacred democratic process in favor of nomination by coronation. They will grant Hillary the nomination because she is entitled to it by virtue of her status as Democratic Party royalty. It’s the ultimate Halliburton no-bid political contract.

6. zin macrumors 6502

Or they'll grant it because they think she's the best choice of winning the election.

7. obeygiant thread starter macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I'm wondering she could have beaten Romney in 2008?

8. zin macrumors 6502

That sounds like a tough call. Romney was a very different candidate to today's Republicans. He flip-flopped frequently but his views were generally moderate.

The current polls for 2016 put Clinton 5-10 percentage points ahead of the prospective Republican candidates.

9. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Ideally I'd prefer to see Elizabeth Warren on the ticket, but she's more valuable to us in the Senate with Cory Booker. The modern-day GOP is so ******* crazy, I'd actually be afraid to see what would happen to the USA if they gained control of all three branches of government. 50% of US Americans either in poverty or low-income, drowning in debt and many one paycheck away from bankruptcy. Throw a republican in the White House and the spark of revolution will officially be lit.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Yes. Because never ending war and domestic spying is more than acceptable when a democrat leads the charge:rolleyes:

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If Hillary was 15 years younger, maybe. We don't need people as president going into their 70's. PLus do we really want another Clinton or Bush in the White House. Lets find some new untested people.

12. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I haven't voted as I'm not an American.

Is she the best candidate who knows, but so far she is the only one.

That means the Democrats can only vote for who is on the ballot paper.

13. iBlazed, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015

iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I feel an obligation to vote. If the GOP didn't skew so far to the extreme right in these last 2 decades I would be open to voting for a Republican. But these loonies are totally unelectable. For this reason, I will feel obligated to vote for Hilary to prevent my country from collapsing. I'm terrified at the thought of a Republican in the Oval Office; I'm actually pretty convinced they don't even like this country very much.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

We are what 20 months away from the election, I think there is plenty of time to find more qualified people.

15. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Says who? The average age of a US president during his initial inauguration is around 56, with presidents 65 or older being far from unheard of. Hillary's on the upper end of the median.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Guessing we are decades perhaps a century or so before people r realize there are third parties out there

17. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And that is still far to old. We need younger people in office who have a clue about what todays voters want. Not 4 generations ago.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

"Qualified" would mean a magic "R" or a "D" regardless of what the candidate stood for .

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And that is another problem with the system we currently have. We are finding candidates who can raise the most money, not those that are the most qualified.

20. boast macrumors 65816

boast

I'm not sure Rubio or Cruz can win with such hatred towards Hispanics/minorities

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's the way it will stay if we keep settling for the "lesser evil".

22. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

It will take an over haul of the election process, but those in charge of changing it don't want too.

23. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

And then you have Rand Paul who can't even sit through a tense interview without being hostile to the interviewer. Funny thing, it's usually female interviews he gets snippy with. Good luck in the debates, Rand!

24. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Hillary Clinton has NOT earned my vote. She is not a good candidate. I will be voting for someone else.

25. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

What a bunch of nonsense. There is nothing stopping anyone else from seeking the Democratic nomination. The problem is, as on the Republican side, there really aren't any good known candidates.