Hillary got paid $400,000 by Goldman Sachs and told them "bank bashing" is foolish

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Hieveryone, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Hieveryone, Apr 21, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Why am I not surprised she's telling the American people one story then telling the Wall Street banksters a totally different one?

Bash CEO pay to get votes, then go cater to Wall Street.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...ublicans-lament-of-the-plutocrats-101047.html

EDIT: I noticed some posters said the article is long. For those limited on time, it essentially says that she gave a speech for Goldman Sachs. They paid her $400,000 for it. In the speech, she said that criticizing big banks is foolish and does not help anyone. She went on the tell the bankers "We all got into this financial crisis mess together, and that we have to get out of it together." One could infer from that statement that she was trying to take some of the blame for the crisis off these big banks, since they have been at the epicenter of all the blame.

EDIT 2: She gave not 1, but 2 speeches at Goldman Sachs for which she was paid $400,000 for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inton-nets-400K-2-speeches-Goldman-Sachs.html

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Yay.. yet another HRC bashing thread.

Tip for you. There's a thread for HRC already.. There's this nice little button there called "Reply". Use it and that thread, instead of creating yet another one where you try to bash HRC, despite having loads of evidence thrown at you stating contrary to your beliefs.

BL.

3. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

But, bradl, - while I, of course, agree with you - in order to direct the full focus of undiluted bile and exquisitely refined fury onto HRC, I imagine that they will need to create at least as many threads as currently feature in the ever expanding Apple Watch forum.

A sort of scattergun approach to the reviled subject matter, if you like. In fact, my sense is that they are only getting started……….

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

guessing there should only be ONE thread for any particular GOP candidate? or one thread for all of them?

5. jaykk macrumors 6502a

weren't the Goldman Sachs the top donor to current liar-in-chief as well?

6. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Why are righties so obsessed with Hil? It's like they view her as a threat or something...

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

Hieveryone is actually makeing a very good point with this thread.
    Seems like some of the posters so far have not read, or conveniently ignored, the story he linked to.

8. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

Name me a candidate that is going to come down hard on Wall Street by regulating the industry, breaking up big banks, and taxing high capital gains incomes and I will gladly vote for that person.

P-Worm

----------

Have you read it yet? It's long and I'm still working my way through it since it's been posted.

P-Worm

9. Meister Suspended

Meister

... she is. I believe she will be the next president and I get a terrible feeling about it. She is sponsored by the same thugs that sponsored Dubya and Barry and she will do their biding, like she has done so far. I also disagree with her about almost every topic.

----------

Practice. You can learn speed reading as well ;)

10. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Seeing that there have so far been, in the past 45 days:

1 on Cruz.
    2 on Paul.
    5 on HRC.

What I am saying is that there is already a multi-page general thread on HRC, as well as the other POTUS candidates. Opening up 5 others isn't necessary and highly redundant.

BL.

11. td1439 macrumors 6502

td1439

It's one thing to oppose Hillary simply because of the (D) next to her name (cf. Team Red pom-pom wavers), or to support her for the same reason (cf. Team Blue pom-pom wavers).

It's another thing to recognize that she's made a lot of money by speaking to the plutocrats and telling them how misunderstood they are. I had to laugh when she talked about wanting to be a champion for the average American...as if she has any idea what being an average American entails.

Please not the above does not imply or allude to support for any of the current GOP candidates.

12. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

The way you come down hard on Wall Street is not by regulation since their lobbyists will just change the rules to benefit themselves (see Dodd-Frank).

Only two things need to be done. Reinstate Glass-Steagal and neuter the Federal Reserve. The only candidate who would do that is Rand Paul. Maybe Elizabeth Warren if she runs but even she was against something simple as auditing the Fed.

What Dems don't understand is that the Fed enables the big banks to do the evil work that they do. Without a central bank handing them free candy (QE and ZIRP), these banks would lose all their power and wealth. Regulations will do nothing. Higher taxes will do nothing. You have to go to the source.

HRC is in bed with the banks. I voted for Obama in 2008 thinking he would take on the banks after the financial crisis. Instead, he put bank insiders in his cabinet. Obviously, I didn't vote for him again in 2012.

Rand Paul is not the ideal candidate but like Churchill was right for the situation, it's time to reign in the financial sector that has been killing this country for decades.

That is the only issue that matters to me in 2016.

13. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

You didn't answer my question. The article is long and you started chiding people for not having read the article literally minutes after it was posted. I'll ask again, did you actually read it?

P-Worm

14. Meister Suspended

Meister

Very well put!
    I am glad you learned your lesson after voting for Barry, even though it was clearl for everyone in 2008 that he would just continue where his predecessors left off and focus on ridiculous subjects, instead of doing real things.

Hitlary will do the exact same thing and people are stupid enough to vote for her :(

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

He said he sped-read it.

He glanced. He skimmed. He got the gist.

he was in a hurry to return to the thread to chide people for not reading it.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

Speed-read
    I see you went from resident spelling Nazi to remote viewer with bad spelling.
    Congratulations for reinventing yourself.

17. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

You keep saying speed read, but you haven't said if you actually read it. Now that more time has passed, I will also qualify my question with "Did you read the article in its entirety before berating people for not reading it?"

P-Worm

18. citizenzen macrumors 65816

What's the past tense of speed read?

Speed readed?

That doesn't sound right.

19. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Pot. Kettle. Black.

BL.

20. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Sped-read? Speeded-readed? Speeded-read?

Renzatic, englighten us!

21. Meister Suspended

Meister

The verb in speed-read is read, not speed.
    Hence you have to conjugate the verb - read.
    The past tense of to read is read.

22. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I'm against that thing this candidate does that all the other candidates also do.

23. Meister Suspended

Meister

No

The irony of yours and citizenben's posts is going truly meta :p

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Sped-red? I dunno. I ain't pass no grammar learnin' in skoo.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I learned something today.

----------

Well we are still trying to determine if you actually read the article before you chided others for not doing so.

Does skimming count?

Can I just read the headline and the last paragraph?