Hillary has outspent Trump 40 to 1...and is only tied with him!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Jul 14, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    The email verdict, while not the indictment some hoped for, was still a good gut punch to the Clinton campaign. This is why we now have a tie.

3. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

It says more about how much the public hates Hillary than it does how much they love Trump.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

That's cause the media gives Trump all the free press he needs. Being wacky has it's advantages.

5. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

I'd like to see this so called report.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

As it should be. That woman should be in jail

7. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I heard a rumor today... that Bernie ain't actually finished w/ his campaign. He has endorsed Clinton but if there's a floor fight and somehow he goes off the rez, it could be a problem for down the road. A few of his potential voters went to Stein already, maybe 20k so far. But a lot of them are waiting for the convention to see what happens and then make up their mind. What a year.

8. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I heard Jill Stein on the radio say that she would step aside if Bernie wanted to run as a Green.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Bernie should run to a retirement home

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Bernie's still something of a wild card, the Never Trump Republicans are still moving behind the scenes, Hillary has taken a heavy blow, albeit not the fatal one that was hoped for, and Trump is standing around, promising us showbiz while his own campaign hangs by a thread.

If there is one sure thing we all can bet on, it's that this coming convention is going to be an interesting one.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Whatever it is, the main problem for Trump is that Clinton has good ground operations that have been in place for years. Trump campaign is way behind the curve on this plus half of them wanted someone else as the nominee and still do. They don't have a star studded array of speakers to get everybody all wired up from watching the convention end to end either. I'm assumimg teh networks will cover more of it than they usually do this year. (??) The usual bump post-convention may not translate into super enthusiastic local campaign operations for the GOP.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Trump is still not the nominee. So there's hope

13. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Yes he did

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Ironically enough, Trump's best weapon during the primaries is now his greatest liability during the convention. If he doesn't mind his every P and Q from the 18th to the 21st, he could, if not lose the nomination, then swing the advantage right back to Hillary.

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah so weird, Trump. Showbiz Donnie. Suicide by picking Chris Christie tomorrow morning? The RNC would implode. Trump's family would implode!

If there's still a NeverTrump move afoot regarding delegates, and yet the rules committee was as firm about things as Manafort's tweet suggested, then either Manafort has gone to the dark side along w/ the rules committee and there's some NeverTrump fine print somewhere, or else the Never Trump Republicans are planning some other kind of surprise that doesn't require early release of pledged delegates. What could that be though. He has enough for the first vote, right?

16. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I have some hardcore Bernie supporter friends on FB. Here is a quote that illustrates the typical Bernie supporters view about Hillary:

I understand this sentiment is endemic.

17. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Sorry, at this point i trust polls about as much as either candidate...

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Ah well we're in for the rollercoaster ride of our political lifetimes this year. And the very idea of Trump minding his Ps and Qs, heh. He's 100% certain how he wins is by being incorrect and making yet another media splash. Clinton plods along doing listening tours or whatever and he's out there tweeting bizarros.

And then there's so much resistance from within his own party. Check this out from Vanity Fair interview of AZ Sen. Flake... zing, zing... this the best zinger in it:

VF: What’s your worst fear for a Trump presidency?

Flake: Well, I just don’t think he can get there. I don’t think that there’s much worry of a Trump presidency if he doesn’t change. I want a Republican in the White House, but he can’t get there, in my view, saying the things that he’s saying. And we wouldn’t want him to get there if he continues to say the things that he’s saying. So I hope that he changes, I do. It’s not impossible for people to change their views and change their tone. But some of these views have to change. I mean, he’s got to turn some 13.5 million votes to 65 million votes, and you can’t get there just with Republicans—even if every Republican got behind him and had a unified conference. In Arizona, there are more registered independents than there are registered Republicans. And that describes a number of states now. You have to broaden your appeal, and I’m afraid that he’s not.
    There ya go, Donnie. Walking papers!

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Told you BOTH democrats and republicans would oppose. Everything he does. If you want to end the wars vote trump :D

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Just came across this.

At the very least, we're going to see some bad blood being spilled on the convention floor.

21. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

More walls, less wars. Trump logic.

22. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Very Well Said!

The fact that Trump is doing as well as he is reveals more about Hillary's rapid descent, now that her well hidden crimes and resulting truths are slowly being exposed.

The fact that she's untouchable, or once was, is proof positive of the immense advantage that's taking a heavy hit as the days to election tick off.

Yet I'd still be surprised if her ongoing criminal activity prevents her from riding her diamond clad chariot to the Coronation.

23. Savor Suspended

Savor

If the Philippines can vote for Duterte who might actually do a better job with the stricter laws, then I don't mind the famous real estate tycoon being elected. Philippines had female presidents before (Corey Aquino and Gloria Arroyo) and they did nothing for the country. Women! No wonder the sexism is card Trump card they play! It rotates between Democrat and Republican presidents anyway. Look it up. I don't think the conservatives would want 16 years of Democrats leading the nation. Country flip flops with each party.

I don't mind seeing the grouchy uncle of Biff Tannen, Ernie McCracken, and Tony Stark make the United States better again with stricter laws. Death penalty in all fifty states. We need a REAL MAN to run the country again. Turn the White House into the Playboy Mansion that would make Bill Clinton jealous he wasn't invited. Of course within a year, a bunch of people will complain about Trump or Clinton doing nothing. The Internet age we live in.

Trump could be the coolest President elected since Teddy Roosevelt or Andrew Jackson. Teddy was racist too. Trump is kinda equal to Ferdinand Marcos who was exiled to Hawaii. People hated Marcos who once was a political ASSASSIN and ran the country for 20 years but he also did alot for the country the successors never did. Being a dictator isn't all bad. Trump might just be the bad*** America needs right now. Not a woman who rides the coattails of her hubby.

You likely get the same policies and changes with Hillary as you had with Obama. No different than if you picked John McCain after Bush. No real difference. People should learn to pick a candidate if they qualify and not because you think America needs a black guy or woman as president.

Take away that toupee, what are you?
    [​IMG]

24. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

With both sides opposing there will be no walls