Hillary Run Out the Clock Strategy.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Many in the media are reporting that the Hillary campaign strategy is a run out the clock strategy. Do you agree and do you think it's the right strategy ?

I personally don't like the strategy in sports or politics.

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

3. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

4. 1458279 Suspended

I can't see that working at this point. It could be a gift to Trump because Trump is running all over the place and there's always that "work for it" thing.

Trump has already said Hillary doesn't have stamina, and dodging questions plays right into that. Trump will play this as she can't do this as president.

It also doesn't play well with the "change" theme that she pushed hard at the DNC. Change was a huge long shot for Hillary, but she played it so now she needs to act on it.

It's hard to say "I'll fight for you" and stay hiding in the shadows.

The polls are already shifting and Trump is all over the place, while Hillary is still running around asking for more of other people's money.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, literally as well as in flip flop policy positions. And he looked so tired today in Mexico. So so tired. Low energy. Are we sure his health is okay? :D

6. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Clinton can't go into a shell, or a protective bubble. It all comes down to ground work in the swing states, and having a good showing in the debates. She's almost got the electoral college rapped up, but almost only counts in hand grenades, horse shoes, and nuclear weapons.

Going into Mittness Protection and banking it all on T.V. ads and the debates maybe a fatal move for her run.

7. 1458279 Suspended

The problem is hiding is what she did to hold on to what she has, now the table must turn. Trump has made gains and/or held steady based on what he's done so far. Trump's out there, it's working for Trump. Hillary doesn't do well being out there and as it becomes more neck and neck, that'll hurt her.

There's another part to this. People want to vote for a winner. Once someone is see as having a real chance to win, they get an extra boost.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Nah...I just want to vote for someone who isn't a jerk and who has policies I like. Oh...and who doesn't shout at the camera. Who wants to listen to someone rant and literally shout like that? Maybe you do, but I sure don't.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I think it's a great strategy. I only wish the clock would run faster.

This election is a ugly display of America's dark underbelly, and the less I see of it, the better.

10. 1458279 Suspended

You don't want Hillary's emails to come out? Big surprise there, you don't want to see who she really is. It wouldn't matter to you if she admitted to murder in front of you, you'd still vote for her.

11. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Don't worry. You'll have eight years for lots of congressional hearings, investigations, and reports.

12. 1458279 Suspended

Will she be our second Clinton to be Impeached? Will the Left care if she's impeached? I kinda doubt it. She could start a nuke war and kill 100 million people and she wouldn't lose any votes.

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

No, she's not laying low, running down the clock. She's too ill to travel and has no energy because she's dying :rolleyes: /s

14. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I'd probably send a snarky tweet. But of course I'd still vote for her. Of course.

15. 1458279 Suspended

You actually know that's completely true. We're all dying. Some sooner than others, but the truth is, we're all dying.

16. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

If Hillary is elected she will live forever... In the history books.

17. 1458279 Suspended

Hillary and Bill are already in the history books.

1st to be under FBI investigation while running for pres.
    world record for number of investigations, all kinds of history.

I'm more concerned if she'll be the last president before globalization.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fact Free @KarlJay being Fact Free @KarlJay. Where do you get this tripe?

19. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

But its Trump who said he could shoot someone and not lose any votes and its Trump who said he would use nukes against terrorists. Does that matter to his supporters?

20. jerwin macrumors 65816

She's focused on winning this election. After she does, she'll have the creative freedom to respond to her critics. Until then, sit tight and enjoy the ride. We have a campaign to run.

21. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

That's the point. She's sitting back and not running a campaign.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Actually, she is. You just aren't paying attention.

23. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hard to run a camping when you're receiving daily transfusions of young people's blood.

24. jerwin macrumors 65816

It's a nonissue. Hillary Clinton believes that her prospective voters prefer to hear about substance of another kind. Perhaps you should read the article more closely.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Source please.