Hillary wins New Hampshire!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Jan 9, 2008.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

in case you didn't notice, I freakin love Hillary Rodham Clinton.
    she is not just running on a promise of change (like edwards), she's running on a 35 year long record of change. i like obama but it looks like he'll make a great vice pres.

guiliani came next to last AGAIN!

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

interesting to see how other countries view te election. thanks for posting.

omg, have you seen the video of hillary clinton being "dissed" as ABC news calls it by edwards supporters.

4. MacHipster macrumors 6502

I'll preface this by saying that this is my first post in these forums and I probably won't post too often as I try to stay away from heated arguments, but I do love politics and it is an election year, so...

I admit that I was surprised by the outcome on the Democratic side. I was confident that Obama was going to win NH and then carry that momentum to win MI, NV, SC, and FL. Perhaps, I was a bit too optimistic.:p

On the GOP side, I wasn't surprised. I think Romney's going to win MI, with McCain a close second and Huckabee third; and then Huckabee's going to win SC, with McCain second and Romney third. I expect Thompson and Hunter to drop out before Super Tuesday. Paul will stay in until after Super Tuesday, I imagine. Stevento, it's not a surprise that Giuliani has had such a poor showing as his strategy has been to sit out the early primaries and focus his attention on FL and Super Tuesday. I don't think his plan will work, but as last night can tell you, nothing's a sure bet.

5. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Pittsax

Argh...tell me. What exactly has Hillary accomplished? To hear her talk, you'd think she was the President those 8 years while Bill Clinton was in office. The only thing she really tried to do in that time was healthcare reform, and we all know how well that went. Then she rode Bill's coat tails to somehow get elected to the Senate in New York, where, among other things, she supported the war in Iraq until it became unfashionable to do so. Everything about her, including her getting choked up the other night, rubs me the wrong way. ESPECIALLY when she used the Republican playbook and basically said that terrorists were going to attack right after the elections, and do we really want an inexperienced president then (calling on the failed bombings in London right after Brown became PM).

And do the Dems REALLY want to nominate the candidate the RNC has been planning their strategy against for years? I think not.

6. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Shhhh! Don't let them on to our master plan. :cool:

7. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I was surprised, since all the recent polls were showing Obama winning by a decent margin.

Hopefully Obama wins more states and gets the nomination, or else we're doomed no matter who wins.

Reddit this morning is rampant with voter fraud headlines, but it's all speculation. From the article Hillary victory tainted by vote fraud:

8. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Just shows you how small the sample size and how little randomness is used by these so called pollsters. I think it's fine if the candidates themselves sample the population to get an idea of the issues and the public's response to a candidate's position on them, but when it comes to taking the pulse of the public, I don't think they are that accurate. Not all of them mind you but many off the polls just ask people who they support, but don't take into account whether they actually will vote or not.

You have to be registered, be determined to make it to the polls, and have a track history of voting for your opinion to count in these polls in my opinion.

9. halfprep455 macrumors regular

halfprep455

It wouldn't surprise me for one second if that woman cheated! I hope there is a recount. That would really stick it to the queen!

10. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

How long before this ridiculous exercise in media pandering is over, and we can actually focus on the issues surrounding the election? Soon?

11. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

It would surprise me if anyone cheated in the primaries... I can't think of a more idiotic thing to do.

If you win the big election you have more resources at your disposal to cover your tracks. Cheating in the primaries is virtually guaranteed to lose you the general election as your opponents dig around to find dirt on you, since you don't have any power to protect those who helped you cheat or to cover your tracks.

12. Motley macrumors 6502

Um... Never?:(

13. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

yeah i just read that after waking up.

all i'd say is, "oh darn."

14. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Huh. I didn't know that Democrats would accuse each other of vote fraud.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Often overlooked: Clinton was well ahead in New Hampshire polling until after Iowa, when Obama surged to a lead, if only temporarily. New Hampshire was always Clinton's primary to lose. Winning by 3% is hardly a triumph, but it does keep her campaign off life support.

16. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

What the hell are you talking about, she was miles ahead until Iowa. You really thing her support would vanish that quickly.

Plus this is the NH primary in 2008 not Florida in 2000 and george bush isn't involved.

17. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

looks like Republican propaganda to me...
    right below the article is a video called "Stop HillaryCare!":rolleyes:

18. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I've got to agree that 3% is nothing to brag about, but it does boost some confidence for her campaign.

I thought it odd that every station covering had to point out the fact that middle age and older women voted more for Hillary than for Obama, and that men voted more often for Obama.
    I'm glad the media is changing the whole discussion to a battle of the sexes instead of what the candidates are standing for.:rolleyes:

19. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

that's the biggest crock of **** ever.

She is not change. She is the current Washington who we need to change from. I don't know how you could even say someone who's been in this corrupt political system for 35 years is a candidate for "change".

And Hillary will not win the general election if she gets nominated. So if she does, prepare for another republican president.

20. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Oh give me a freaking break.

21. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

That's why I'm thinking about sending her a contribution and a note congratulating her right now. The least she can do is stay in long enough to treat the eventual Dem nominee to a little taste of the Clinton machine before the national election.

22. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I don't know much about the US Elections but I just hope Mr Obama wins, but if Hillary wins it wont be bad. Anyone would be good compared to Mr Bush though, apart from Hitler.

23. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

The comparisons of Bush to Hilter, even these indirect ones, are a little much.

24. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

All of the candidates want to be seen as making change, even though they probably wouldn't. The ones who lose could become bus drivers.

25. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

OK, how about Rowan Atkinson?