Hillary's Fundraising back on track

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Feb 28, 2008.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And that article failed to mention that Obama raised 50 million in February.

Are you dizzy from all of the spinning? :rolleyes:

3. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

well its her site. its not going to have his numbers

4. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

I can't stand that woman. I am voting for Obama when our state primary comes around. Considering we are at the end of the cycle it will probably be decided by then, then again, maybe not. Anyhow old Hillary will probably find a way legal or not to steal the nomination. She is connected with all kinds of political insiders.

Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton...anyone see a pattern here? If Hillary wins whats next? Jeb Bush after her...then Chelsea Clinton? It's time for a change.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

You can't make any claims until you report both sides of the story. You're pulling the same crap Fox News would pull.

Let me ask you this, are you going to vote for Obama in November if he wins the nomination?

6. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

You know, I don't see why so many people bash on Hillary. She's a great woman who fought hard for healthcare when she was first lady. She's done many great things and she's been a role model for women politicians. First of all, I do not "support" Obama and I do not "support" Hillary. That said, I am a hard core liberal and the reason I don't support either one of them is because there is not a big enough difference for me.

I love Hillary Clinton and my whole family loves her. My father caucused for Obama and my mother caucused for Hillary (They both had Kucinich as there first choice...). Either way though, both Obama and Hillary are a breathe of fresh air from the backwards conservative thinking this nation has experienced.

Come the General Election, my parents agreed that they would vote for whoever the democratic nominee was.

Right now though, my whole family is working on local politics since we're a pretty politically active liberal family.

Stop the hate, they're both great people who both have their flaws and strengths. They're people.

7. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I must have missed all the hate......

:confused:

8. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

The hate in general, not on this forum. How many times have you heard "Stop the bitch" or something like that in public? I would be pissed if someone made a comment of that kind of style about Obama's race. A lot of people dislike Hillary simply because it's popular to dislike her. Same thing with Obama, it's popular to like him; especially in school.

I'm the President of our Young Democrats club and I ask my peers why they support Obama/Clinton dislike Obama/Clinton and most of the time when I ask "why?" they say something like "because, I don't know."

9. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

The problem with Hillary is that she's the same old politician, owned by lobbyists. Oh, and she's a deceptive and power-hungry and has this sense of entitlement, like she is entitled to be president just because Bill was. And her whole thing about trying to get Michigan delegates reinstated after she pledged to take her name off the ballot like all of the other candidates but then never did pretty much set me over the edge. She just seems evil.

10. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Well, I've said that the best way to be fair with Michigan and Florida voters would be to simply have another primary. Fair and simple.

I like Hillary a whole bunch, her positives outweigh her negatives. The thing I like about Obama is that he's a visionary who hopes for the best and acts through democratic ideals. In times like these, America needs a new FDR. America needs hope.

11. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

yes he's almost completely unqualified for the job but mccain is 100% unqualified.
    and you'd see pigs flying through frozen over hell before you see me voting for a republican
    mccain denies global warming, loves tax cuts etc and bush has already put his stamp of approval on his "conservative" policies

i'm not particularly fond of her either. she's a partisan coniving little harpy. a typical politician. but its not about who you like. in a popularity contest i'd surely go for obama. its about who would do the best job. we are going to do so many great things in this country when she takes control. i dont really support hillary, i support her solutions. i'd much rather see obama as president but we need hillary right now

i dont think there's anything wrong with a dynasty if the dynasty gets the job done like bill clinton did. to me its not about who's in office, its about what happens in americans' lives. its about the people not the politician

12. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Deceptive and power hungry are pretty much adjectives you can use on any politician, and there's not necessarily anything wrong with it (LBJ was arguably very deceptive, but he did some great things; the same can be said for FDR).

Power hungry- which politician isn't? By any political model, you want that in your politicians so that they remain responsive to those who elected them. If politicians are driven by other motives, the political system no longer works.

As for entitlement, I think that's being very black and white about it. Hillary has always been interested in politics. Even in Arkansas she was a very active first lady.

In either case, if Hillary wants the job, that's not a reason to not vote for her. Base your decisions on her policies, previous votes in the Senate, etc.
    Why does this remind me of JFK? I must admit that Obama is more prepared to be President than JFK was, but the parallel is striking (charisma, new minority running, campaign based on hope and change).
    Obama is not FDR. He will never be FDR or anything close to it. The last "FDR" America had was LBJ, and frankly, there's no Democrat that can fit that role right now.

What America really needs is a President who will balance the budget, dismantle ridiculous "abstinence-only" programs, and refocus America's attention on rebuilding our ailing infrastructure (both physical and abstract like education).

13. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

here's an example:
    hope doesn't put food on the table
    hillary's strategic energy plan will becuase it creates 5 million new jobs
    i'd rather have a plan to get change over hoping for it

14. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

15. redfirebird08 macrumors 6502

redfirebird08

Again, check your damn facts before spouting off. Hillary had a plan to create 200,000 jobs in New York and what happened? They lost 30,000 jobs over the time she's been in the Senate. And what does she do? She blames Bush, as usual. Never take any responsibility. Go to Barack's website and read it instead of spouting off Hillary's propaganda without actually informing yourself.

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

How much does it cost to win a US election these days? :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you're wrong, I really have no idea. It is very funny however that you should criticise some else for being uninformed when apparently your information comes from her oppositions web site. Propaganda you say? Surely not.

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

While it's true that all politicians are somewhat deceptive, I think Hillary is much more than Obama. Obama wants more transparency for the government, and his record shows this. His google for government act is one of the main parts of this. If he's elected he wants to make even more government stuff available online to make it more transparent.

Some people actually want to help out. At least, this is how Obama was when he ran for the Illinois State Senate after being a community organizer and civil rights lawyer.

When you hear her speak, she just comes across as arrogant.

18. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Government transparency is different from deceptive politicians. ;)

In any case, you didn't really say how Hillary was deceptive (in her campaign, in the Senate, etc) so it's hard to say whether or not it's possible to qualify her as "more deceptive" than the average politician.
    Granted, and I think Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton (along with past Presidents) are examples of those who genuinely cared. Nonetheless, they too were power hungry. They were in a lower political office (governors of Georgia and Arkansas respectively) and they wanted a higher office. Nothing wrong with it. It's when you use the powers of high office to the detriment of the people that it becomes a problem (like our current President has).
    <opens up can of worms>

Would you say that if she was male?

19. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

that's a huge simplification. she promised to create jobs and jobs were lost so we jump to the conclusion that its the senators fault. that's jumping to conclusions.

but hillary's plan will pretty much instantly create 5 mil jobs. that will put food on table. not to mention moves us away from foriegn oil. talking about hope wont.
    i am informed. john mccain believe in global warming but he denies it in that he doesnt have much of a plan to do anything about it. dems want to agressively fight it. mccain wants us to continue driving huge SUVs
    i know what i'm talking about. i've researched them plenty and i've flipped flopped back and forth between hillary and obama about 384322 times until about two months ago when i decided on hillary.

20. stevento thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

you're right. her speeches suck. but you cant knock her solutions can you?

21. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Found this quote posted on a cnn blog about Obama-

"The concept of unification is attractive in theory, but history has proven time and again that it simply is not realistic.

The hatred shown by Obama supporters toward a candidate in their own party clearly shows that while their candidate may promote unity in their own hearts the concept is absent.

Good luck to you guys, but this voter is opting out."

I couldnt have stated it better.

22. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Sorry, I'm not as informed as you. What is her plan to instantly create 5 Million Jobs that make us rely less on foreign oil? :confused: Is she planning on opening up ANWR and laying a pipeline by hand?

Edit: Fixed 'Quote Box'

23. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Most Obama supporters don't hold the slightest bit of "hatred" for Hillary Clinton. It sure must "fun" to make it out like all Obama supporters "hate" Hillary Clinton (and vice versa), but its not true. I personally just feel bad when she conducts her campaigning in a way I disagree with, or when she expouses opinions that feel forced and antagonistic. As I've said many times, much of what irks me with her is how she apporaches her politics. It's a tough swallow, and I deeply believe a different way is at the very very very least... worth the try. Bush campaigned on "unity" and bipartisanship... but its very clear he was lying now (especially from what we hear behind the scenes and in the courts). With regards to "unity", no one is under any illusions that we're saying "utopia". What we're envisioning is the dream of America that we've built this country on. It takes a realist to know the power of expectation. It takes a fool to think that desire plays no part in the possibilities of the future.

~ CB

24. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Are you claiming the people blindly spouting Obama's rhetoric are somehow worse than those for Hillary, or any other politician for that matter?

Declaring a universal aspect of political life (young people swept up in the idealism of a party...if you want another good example of this look at communism in China way back when) to be a telling sign of just one candidate is dishonest.

25. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    Personally, its tiring when people mistake displays of cynicism for wisdom. A stunningly common fallacy probably in any time. It's extremely easy to be cynical, and with truly generous application, you can usually fulfill any prophesy of failure and poor results.

What reality itself is constructed of is "agreement", not "dissension". So... when you find someone espousing the values that you support, its probably one of the most important things in the world to nurture, support, and encourage that vision... especially when it is being tempered... in your judgment... with honesty, clarity of purpose and remarkable intelligence.

I'm all for keeping it real, but HISTORY is clear on this. These convergences don't come along everyday, and people are hungry for it.

~ CB