Hillary's promise to blue-collar coal miners: "I'll put you out of business"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Mar 14, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Got that, coal miners? Hillary will destroy your livelihood and put you out of a job but she promises "not to forget you."

Oh wait, that was yesterday. Today Hillary is all-in with coal.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

She will put many out of work while her foundation takes in the bribes

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

She's not going to have to worry about making these difficult decisions.

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Not a hillary supporter here, but the coal industry in the US has been in steep decline for nearly 5 years now. I get that West Virginia has historically been mining country, but the industry is a zombie.

Coal is dead. Get over it, and get people who lose their jobs due to it the education and job opportunities they will need as we continue the transition to renewables.

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Killing coal is going to just send these areas into further poverty. Hillary knows what that is like though, not too long ago she was slumming it like normal folks with only a few million to live off of.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I suggest you get used to saying "President Clinton" when referring to our future president.

7. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Such honesty and integrity. Also in the article:

8. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

A Book of Lies & Flipflops from Hillary would damn near rival an average phone book - Suggest condensing in pdf format.

9. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary sold-out American workers with NAFTA, she sold out American workers with TPP, and she'd continue to sell them out as President.

10. Foggydog macrumors 6502

Foggydog

THANK YOU !!!
    --- Post Merged, Mar 14, 2016 ---
    I know that free trade has really hurt us middle class americans, BUT, only here in AMERICA, can I go from being unemployed in 2010, to earning over 200,000 yearly. And now, since I just got married, I paid NO taxes and am getting a refund. Oh wait, I owe the state 10.00. I just can't bare the thought.

11. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

How can Chelsea possibly get elected president when her dad was impeached and mom got 3 years in Sing-Sing?

12. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

And this somehow only applies to Hillary?

13. samiwas macrumors 65816

Sorry, but there's no reason to keep a dirty, polluting source like coal around just to keep people working. There are plenty of other energy fields.

Isn't West Virginia a mostly-Republican state? If so, they'll just recover. Right?

Kind of like how it takes half of the internet to keep up with Trump's BS?

I cannot imagine any scenario in which you make $200,000 and pay no taxes unless you've got some really complex schemes going on. Marriage doesn't fix that much.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

of course the coal companies that cut corder don't pay the workers much and treat them disposable and never planned for their future only killed them with coal dust. those states that have coal never fought for the workers and let the companies get away with it.

15. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

The only good voter is one who has succumbed to the tyranny of a leftist government.
    Pretentious post of the year.

16. thewap, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Clean coal does not burn like what most people think of coal burning at the turn of the century. Clean Coal steam turbines for electrical energy were and are still very efficient/ clean energy, although the F'n EPA made sure near 80% of the smaller turbines were closed in 2015, the larger ones got a year extension till 2016. Gas and oil burning turbines are still powering alternatives - which are not as efficient if you think of fracking or more dependence on fossil fuel.

The real reason EPA has been demonizing clean coal - are the corporatists / govt selling out devaluing our coal to sell to China who wants it cheap, thanks to Hillary's Nafta, Trans Pacific globalist bull.

What is certain is that electricity costs are rising and will really rise if we kill coal. We could always try adding Fukushima style turbines - nuclear powered energy (please put them at CA border).

The great EPA lie - for preservation of nature and global warming - makes me laugh.
    More like - eminent domain agency with BLM fascists to overtake federal and private lands and exploit our resources for the globalist foreign countries - at our expense.

Sorry *war monger* and criminal is more appropriate.

17. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

You aren't getting a refund off of 200,000 income unless you paid in way too much during the course of the year or are fudging your taxes.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

h
    well since e coal sales are down I think your theory is bunk. I know companies should be able to do as much polluting as they want cause you know the air never gets bad. It is wonderful in china all the money made selling air is something the us should start doing.

19. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Thats your opinion, but mine is that the whole democratic platform is total bull to me these days (being an old dem) brainwashing kids into thinking the most import issues of this century is social and race to divide us , while wall street and the industrial war complex laughs all the way to the bank raping USA's resources.

Coal sales are down because EPA is closing our clean coal turbines.

PS: Hillary is so full of sh.t, her hair is turning brown.

20. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

but did you not say coal is getting sold cheap to china then sales should be up up or down what is it?
    if course no response on the poor workers republicans have let die and suffer.

21. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Most of our coal is going to China = less sales in USA. There is only one party as far as I am concerned - the bi-partisan corporatists. Our votes only give us the illusion of hope for change - economically and war wise.

22. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

In a word, yes.
    In 2 words, hell yes.
    Never said no ones else lies or flipflops, but for sheer quantity & time scale, she is in a league all by herself - With her closest competitor perhaps being her erstwhile, cigar probing hubby.

23. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Killing coal doesn't mean poverty will result by default. Systemic societal structure. What we choose to place value on can create poverty or prosperity, it's why janitors do good hard work despite having a pitiful wage that hasn't gone up because no American wants to do it...

...But I digress.

But we can have a nice polluted atmosphere that slowly kills everyone, with accelerated heating due to "the greenhouse effect" causing sea level rise due to snow on mountaincaps melting into the oceans below as was postulated in the 1950s and long before Al Gore knew about it.

Kinda hard to be prosperous when you're poisoned or dead, right? Or having to move because of ecological conditions changing faster than what's naturally normal? At least all the people in China or only stuck wearing face masks 24/7 and drinking polluted water because they were too lazy to clean up after their factories, but I doubt the slave workers gave a crap either... the child workers only do what they're told and due to their tender young age lack the capacity for independent thought...

...But I digress again.

I wonder if there are bigger, and much bigger, issues that are being ignored by everyone in general?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 15, 2016 ---
    Didn't know that. Interesting if true.

I do remember how WTC steel was given to China in 2002, mainstream media reported it all over the place and sadly without bias because this issue is way too easy to find bias in. Never mind Microsoft and Apple giving source code to China all the time, it's amazing how much special treatment China has been getting since Reagan first gave them MFN status in the 1980s...

Example article: http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiapcf/east/01/23/china.wtcsteel/

I hope a lot of people bought the commemorative plates made from it. Real classy...

24. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Didn't know that. Interesting if true.

I do remember how WTC steel was given to China in 2002, mainstream media reported it all over the place and sadly without bias because this issue is way too easy to find bias in. Never mind Microsoft and Apple giving source code to China all the time, it's amazing how much special treatment China has been getting since Reagan first gave them MFN status in the 1980s...
    I hope a lot of people bought the commemorative plates made from it. Real classy...[/QUOTE]

US Coal exports: 2012
    http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2013/02/21/1618671/2012-us-coal-exports-reach-record-high/

2015 saw a 20% plus reduction in coal export.
    Because of our *trade policies* with China, more coal is being imported from China which is killing our coal industry-
    EPA is accelerating the destruction of USA coal mining, while trade is accelerating china import of coal-
    Makes *green* sense right? - the green approach of the EPA is a complete scam as a tool to facilitate more China deals.