Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kinkster

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 15, 2008
Title says it all.. It'll feel like there's a bit of resistance to moving it and when it does it makes a rather loud cracking/creaking noise. After I've just done it, it won't happen again until I leave it sitting in one position for a while.

13" MBP

Is it going to break and if it does will apple replace it?

Opstech

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
California
Title says it all.. It'll feel like there's a bit of resistance to moving it and when it does it makes a rather loud cracking/creaking noise. After I've just done it, it won't happen again until I leave it sitting in one position for a while.

13" MBP

Is it going to break and if it does will apple replace it?

Mine does the same. I looked it up in MRoogle and found that the cracking sound is really the wires in the plastic housing rubbing on the inner housing of the sheeth. It made sense to me. The guy had pictures showing the wear on the inside of the plastic. I'm to chicken to take mine apart like that, so I took it to apple and had them do it. they just re adjusted the wires. It still makes the cracking noise, but not as loud. I live with it...lol....

Patrick J

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Oporto, Portugal
414581.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.