Hint of new taller iPhone in iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by chizzer2003, Jun 18, 2012.

1. chizzer2003 macrumors member

Okay, I admit, this is a tenuous claim. However, I noticed in the contacts and phone app that when browsing through your contacts, the search field is now permanent - this reduces space in the actual contacts viewfinder and thus why it isn't permanent usually. BUT if there was a new taller 4" screen, there would be no need for the search field to be concealed at the top because of the increase in screen size?

No obviously this has - by accident - made its way through to the UI in iOS 6 and in my opinion looks horrible on this 3.5" screen as the scrubbing letters on the right are all condensed and it looks a bit cluttered. But this wouldn't look bad on a 4" taller screen and would also be more practical: so maybe a sign of things to come?

2. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Watch this space !!! :)

3. ADMProducer macrumors regular

[​IMG]

4. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I can't find the article now, but I read something a couple days ago talking about a new feature in iOS 6, I believe it's called auto format, which was shown on that slide listing iOS 6 API's.

From what I read, the feature is supposed to keep the propotions correct somehow and opens the door to different screen sizes.