Hitachi Travelstar 750GB (7200 rpm) - voided warranty??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jon08, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jon08 macrumors 65816

I bought this drive from B&H the other day and mounted it into the Data Doubler today. The disk came in a sealed plastic wrapper, but there is one thing that concerns me: on the back of it there was no round sticker that drives usually have?? (And it usually says that if there's no sticker your warranty has been voided).

Did I receive a used drive or something?? Or do all Hitachi 750GB 7200 rpm drives come without this sticker??

Please see the attached screenshot to see what part of the disk I'm referring to.

Attached Files:

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

The sticker is the other side of the drive. Removing the board you see there does not void the warranty. Removing the plate on the other side does, since that's what would let dust in, and the huge sticker usually covers at least one screw.

3. jon08, Dec 5, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816

But on the Toshiba stock drive I removed from my MBP recently, the round part you can see in the pic above is covered with a round sticker and says that you'd void warranty by removing it (it says: "Void warranty if seal broken") - that's why I'm asking - because my Hitachi drive came without that round sticker.

My question is: so not all the drives carry that round sticker?

4. Detrius macrumors 68000

The stickers generally cover screws. The place in the picture you're pointing to has no screws. There's no reason to have a sticker there.

5. jon08 thread starter macrumors 65816