Hmm.....Got a text from AT&T....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Italianblend, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

So...I'm one of those "october" people waiting for a gold phone. I ordered through apple. Been stuck in processing since day 1.

Anyway, today I got a text from AT&T offering me AT&T Mobile insurance.

Here's what it says:

Funny thing is that my card has not yet been charged, so I didn't really purchase the phone yet since Apple doesn't have one to give me.

So...I'm wondering if anyone else got this but is still stuck in processing? Or, do you think this is a good sign that my phone will be changing to shipped soon?

2. ethereal45 macrumors regular

Guessing that's triggered by the purchase of the phone / removal of your upgrade availability rather than a shipment status change.

3. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

I'm guessing they sent this out to everyone who bought a phone at launch. I got a 5C the day after launch and got the same text message today.

4. iRobby macrumors 6502a

iRobby

I bought my Gold iPhone 5S last Monday at the Apple Store and got the same text today.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I also got the msj today, ordered online, got my silver 3 days later. SO I assume is for everybody that ordered that day.

6. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Thanks for letting us know. I really haven't heard anyone on here referencing this message. It's good that you got your phones. Just thought it was weird to get this literally 10 days after ordering.

7. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

I do not think it is a "sign" of anything except they are trying to sell you insurance. It is just a standard email solicitation

8. SantaRosa2.2 macrumors regular

SantaRosa2.2

So by the time you get your phone in 30 days or more you will no longer be eligible for their insurance??:D

9. Italianblend thread starter macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Yeah, I know you say that with some humor, but still....it's true, isn't it?

I don't buy insurance, but if I did I'd be pretty pissed that I didn't get the 30 days from the actual activation.

10. Demonface macrumors 6502a

The 30 days start when ur card is charged

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. I wouldn't read anything else into that text OP.