hmmm apple store being updated

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
looks like the apple store is being updated...hopefully for some new apple products ;) lol, i was trying to look for some of the double your ram thingy in canada (since it was discontinued all of a sudden :() and im wondering if any products actually are going to be updated soon...hope so

and its kinda weird how in the tab list at the top it lists itools...but probably they never had time to update the buttons for when the store was getting updated or something since its the old pre "mwny" template...

Attachments

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
omgomgomgo mgoogmgggmgogmgo new powerbooks!!!!!!!

well... maybe... 0.5% chance?

hm.. maybe a LESS SUCKY RAM DEAL!?

proally just maintanance.. heh.

NicoMan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Same thing on Apple Store UK

Usually the maintenance of the website is on friday night, right ?

If so that might mean something new (a product update?) today sunday, which doesn't seem right to me. I can't remember the last time we had a product line update on a sunday, but hey, you never know.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not gonna get too excited though (I don't want to be disapointed if nothing happens).

Nico

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Originally posted by NicoMan
Same thing on Apple Store UK

Usually the maintenance of the website is on friday night, right ?

If so that might mean something new (a product update?) today sunday, which doesn't seem right to me. I can't remember the last time we had a product line update on a sunday, but hey, you never know.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not gonna get too excited though (I don't want to be disapointed if nothing happens).

Nico
Yeah.. I keep telling myself it's just a problem with the server or something. I can help but wish for revised pricing though, heh.

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
apple.co.jp is showing the same thing. It can't be some fluke or something like the server blew up... and if maintanance is usually friday, they MUST be updating something. Maybe it's just new graphics or a new page layout or something... *gets a little excited*

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Originally posted by springscansing
apple.co.jp is showing the same thing. It can't be some fluke or something like the server blew up... and if maintanance is usually friday, they MUST be updating something. Maybe it's just new graphics or a new page layout or something... *gets a little excited*
Actually cancel that. It's all hosted at the same place now that I think about it. At least I think it is. *gets unexcited*

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Afraid there is nothing to this, guys. First of all the iTools thing: You notice the Apple logo in the top right corner is blue, like it used to be, so the entire bar is just the old one, Apple messed it up. Second, probably no new products, i am guessing the downtime has something to do with the daylight savings time switch.

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
Originally posted by Chaszmyr
Afraid there is nothing to this, guys. First of all the iTools thing: You notice the Apple logo in the top right corner is blue, like it used to be, so the entire bar is just the old one, Apple messed it up. Second, probably no new products, i am guessing the downtime has something to do with the daylight savings time switch.
Aw man... why do you have to ruin it for everyone? I'm actually staying up to see what happens, lol.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
:eek:

i would be excited...except ive never heard of apple releasing something on a sunday.

and yeah...they really need to update that page layout to reflect the new look/links

Attachments

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by springscansing
Yeah, its back, and I keep getting dead links all over the store now. Pages load on and off... eww...
Apple always seems to have bugs after they change anything.

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
they "could" be updating the site for next week or the week after, but the webmasters checking it out to see how it looks lol, and not end up doing the updating half an hr b4 the new products are out..
remember back at mwny, the apple store website was down for an hr or 2 during mwny...then they updated the line...