Holding down a letter key repeats the letter, but where are accented letters now?

JaneRenee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Texas
Hi there.

So, I like that the default is now a repeating letter when you hold down a letter key. But how do I find accented letters now?

Thanks!

Lefty21

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2012
Lexington, KY
I just upgraded to Yosemite and I am not experiencing this. I still get the accent options (à, è, etc.) when I hold down relevant keys.

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Do you have your keyboard setup as US Keyboard or US Keyboard - International?

I just did a clean install of Yosemite setting my keyboard as US International and I get the accented keys when I press and hold a letter.

JaneRenee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2012
Texas
Do you have your keyboard setup as US Keyboard or US Keyboard - International?

I just did a clean install of Yosemite setting my keyboard as US International and I get the accented keys when I press and hold a letter.
Well, the accented characters came back for some reason. But this is what I have. Does this mean I have U.S. selected? Thanks.

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Well, the accented characters came back for some reason. But this is what I have. Does this mean I have U.S. selected? Thanks.
Yes, you do have US selected. Mine is different, but I guess as long as your accented characters are back, that's all that matters.

Here's mine...

Attachments

jomirrivera

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
This just tells me how to set the default. I like having the repeating characters as default. I need to know where to find the accented characters again.

Thanks.

----------

Weirdest thing...it's gone. It's like it never happened. Oh well. Thanks, anyway.

You have to press: option+e then the letter you want to accent