Hollywood hypocrisy.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Dec 13, 2018.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

2. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

I really don’t care about what someone tweeted 8 years ago, all that matters is what they’re doing right now. People change.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

nice keyword there.............. on Harts thread I did link a few leftist rags with click bait titles, post 84

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Yeah. There's always going to be opinions on both sides that are more nuttier than the others. In this case, the Academy was wrong to insist he apologize. He's a comedian. That's doesn't excuse anything/everything he says. But you have to look at it through that lens too. Comedians offend. And it was several years ago and he deleted the tweet.

Now - unless I missed it - GLAAD and other groups didn't call for him to step down or demand an apology, did they?

When you say the left needs to get their house in order - I find it a partisan attack that's not warranted in a situation like this. The academy is not the "left." They are not a party.

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

post 84 does not have the academy listed, it has leftist sites................and per the video above the academy itself has a lot of "growing" to do..........

https://www.thedailybeast.com/glaad...real-opportunity-by-stepping-down-from-oscars

7. ericgtr12 macrumors 65816

ericgtr12

There was a time comedians made jokes about gay people, black people, white people, women and a whole host of other social issues. Today, they're ostracized for it and are having a difficult time coming up with decent material as a result. The PC meter is off the charts right now, I'm hoping it starts swinging back the other way, at least to some degree and that people just lighten up.

8. Solver macrumors 6502a

One person’s comedy is another person’s hate speech.

9. vertical smile macrumors 68040

vertical smile

I am not sure about the left and right stuff, as there is plenty of hypocrisy everywhere, but I think there is a double standard when it comes to what women can get away with saying and doing when compared to men.

There are lots of examples of this, but one that happens often and always in the news is teacher's relationships with students. I think it is generally not accepted regardless of the genders involved, but it always seems to be worse if it is a male teacher and a female student.

This seems especially true when it comes to legal ramifications such as jail time for the perpetrators.