"Holy '1984' Batman!!"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by sowillo14, Feb 25, 2008.

1. sowillo14 macrumors regular

2. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

Its the Daily Mail though- take everything they say with a massive bag of salt.

3. sowillo14 thread starter macrumors regular

I hear you, but it's not as bad as The Onion, is it?

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

We need those cameras in Phoenix.

Nothing pisses me off more while driving than seeing people abuse the carpool lane. Doubly so if that person happens to be driving an incredibly inefficient and environmentally harmful vehicle.

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

My vehicle of choise is so efficient its a bicycle. I can swoosh down transit lanes past traffic and look down my nose at all of the traffickers. All you see is the blue streak of a tight, lycra-clad derrière and perhaps the flash of condescending smile :p. Take that infra-red cameras.

Unless it's raining and then I'm miserable and I wish I was in a car :(.

6. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Oh I hardly every drive anymore. I'd take the bus to work but I get out of work too late to catch a bus back home. Luckily it's only a short drive down the street for work. I get pissed off as a passenger in a vehicle legally driving in a carpool lane, I guess is what I should have said.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I was really just waxing lyrical its5five. My post wasn't in response to yours, more just along the same lines.

To be honest I'm lucky enough to be able to catch the train and bus to and from the hospital I'm studying most days. For me it's an 80km round trip and I only manage it once per week on my bike. I don't understand people that don't use public transport when it's available. There's plenty of my classmates who insist on driving in and paying for fuel and exorbitant city parking rates. A single days cost to them is equivalent to my transport costs for a week. With the exception of my cycling I savour the passive nature of the train - I can read, do some study, or snooze as I slip homewards. And I can have friday night drinks.

p.s. My spelling of choice in my previous post is atrocious! I refuse to correct it as I deserve lampooning.

8. Apemanblues macrumors regular

Apemanblues

It's just a traffic violations thing. Probably frees the police up so they can catch more dangerous criminals, rather than sitting by the roadside scooping up traffic cheats. Probably just a gimmick anyway.

It's hardly 'Nineteen Eighty Four'.

9. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

:eek:

Consider yourself lampooned! :p

10. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I don't get it either. I know some people that will drive an hour each way, pay $700 for a parking pass instead of taking the free bus that my University provides for transportation between each of the campuses (ASU is spread over 4 campuses around the Phoenix-Metro area).

11. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

I want these.

Ahh, to jump over traffic...
    ... priceless.