Holy cow is the 5 fast.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jman13, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I mean, really. Really fast. You can sense it in app launching and such, but it wasn't until I loaded Hipstamatic that I really felt the speed. On a lens/film combo that I used often on the 4S, I can say that on the 4S it would take about 7-8 seconds per shot. On the 5? About 1 second. No joke. Crazy fast.

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I know what you mean, I was using camera+ and it is usually slow on the 4S, lightning fast on the 5!

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I agree. This is amazing! Everyone is bashing the iOS, but when it's ran on the 5 everything (minus maps of course) seems flawless!

4. apierrec macrumors 6502

I can't wait to use it in my travels!

* I mean the camera, not the Maps, lol.

5. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

And that's you coming from a 4S. Imagine me coming from a plain old 4. This thing screams!

6. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Yeah I forgot to mention that I did upgrade from the 4 not the 4s, maybe that adds to some of the excitement lol

7. iMatt. macrumors 6502

I'm the same. It's almost scary. What to do with all this new spare time? :p

8. apierrec macrumors 6502

Exactly. Am upgrading from an iPhone 4 so this wait in finally getting one is killing me. Lol

9. koolhand79 macrumors member

koolhand79

I can't believe how fast this thing moves thru my normal tasks. It's amazing. Apple knocked it outta the park

10. acorntoy macrumors 65816

This thing is amazing, my iPad 3 seems sooooooo slow after using my IP5.

Didn't think I'd be upgrading to the next iPad, but if it's as fast as the ne phone I'll be really, really tempted

11. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

TD Ameritrade app is so fast now, used to be slow on my 4.

12. nostylez macrumors member

I came from a 4, which has served me well since release but wow iPhone 5 is blistering fast brings a smile to my face. I've never had Siri and I'm loving it, so handy.

13. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

SOOO fast. I smile every time I use it.

Was very tired of my slow i4. :cool:

14. JH4DC5 macrumors member

it's a huge difference going from my 4 to the 5. web browsing is so quick, especially on LTE.

LOVE IT:D

15. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

Yes everyone tells me why did u upgrade and I'm like I'm glad I did the speed increase in iOS and the lighter phone and thinner it just works.

16. dgstan macrumors 6502a

It is way fast. I noticed it most when switching from still to video in the stock camera app. My 4 would take several seconds to switch.

However, I guess I'm missing FakeClockUp because the UI doesn't feel near as fast as it did on my 4. LOL.

17. Furifo macrumors 6502

I've been using a borrowed 3GS for the past three months (sold my galaxy nexus in preparation for the iP5).

The speed of this thing literally made my jaw drop, especially when taking multiple pictures and launching heavy apps.

Just a heads up guys, if you want to test this baby out, download Warriors 2 off the app store (free download - ~80mb). It is optimised for the iP5's display. I haven't played it on any other iOS device so I can't really compare it but it feels BUTTERY smooth on the iP5. I also cranked the volume to full while playing and was shocked at how loud the iP5 speaker is compared to the 3GS I've been using.

18. maclook macrumors 65816

One thing that I noticed when setting up my iPhone 5 from an iCloud backup was that all of the apps were downloading and installing simultaneously. Before, if I recall correctly, the apps would have to be installed one by one but with the iPhone 5, all of the apps were being installed all at once and at a really fast rate.

Not really something I'll be doing on a day to day basis but impressive nonetheless.

19. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I was using my old iPhone from 2007... This thing is so much faster ban the great great granddaddy iPhone. If you want to feel it, go back to the first generation. EDGE speed is so sloooow.

20. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Agreed. Honestly, I almost feel that Apple overlooked the speed that this thing has. It's so responsive, from the touch screen sensitivity to the camera. Everything is blazing fast.

21. MacSince1990 macrumors 65816

MacSince1990

You poor, poor baby :(

Course, I'm on a six-year-old flip phone until my iPhone 5 arrives. But hey.

22. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I think you forgot the /sarcasm tag :p

Either way, having a phone half the age of the kids I was teaching made me seem definitely uncool to my students :)

23. MacSince1990 macrumors 65816

MacSince1990

I found it amusing. I worked with preschoolers for a little while, and my phone (at the time) was about their age. Course, I was half the age of the other teachers. So it worked out for me.

24. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

My iPhone 5 is arriving tomorrow and I'm upgrading from the 4, and reading your comments has got me even more excited (I didn't think that was possible)!

It really feels faster than the iPad 3? I think I'm going to be totally blown away when I get it... :eek:

25. Jman13 thread starter macrumors 68000

It doesn't feel faster than the iPad 3...it IS faster than the iPad 3. Going by Geekbench scores, we're looking at roughly double the speed of the iPad 3.