Holy Crap! This is the highest amount of seeders and leachers I have ever seen!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iParis, Apr 27, 2009.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

So I normally download the latest episode of One Tree Hill after it is aired since I am never home to watch it. Usually I have to wait over night for there to be a good amount of seeders before I determine which torrent to download. NOT TONIGHT! I checked just for the heck of it and no waiting over night for me! Over 9000 Seeds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, had to make a 4chan joke there). But seriously. It is almost at 20,000,000 seeds and 20,000,000 leachers! What the heck?! I have never seen anything like this in my life! I have a feeling this could possibly be a record!

http://www.mininova.org/tor/2534750
    Anybody else see something like this?

2. TK B$K macrumors 6502

3. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

That has to be a joke... I have never seen something above 2,000 seeders.

It is slow though... 16/108 peers.... 25 kb/s

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Yeah, that's a bug in the tracker reporting software. I've seen about 30000 seeders on a heroes torrent but that's Heroes...

There is no way that the seeder/leecher ratio is that even, besides, I don't know if a single tracker. Peek at 'downloads' number.

If this is a joke, then I'm beat :D

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
  6. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

Well since my internet connection sucks I usually cap out just below 160kB/s with all of them combined.
    It's currently at like 158kB/s with a couple other torrents going at the same time.

7. Pugpuppydude macrumors regular

Wow, it must be a popular show if those numbers are true!

8. iParis thread starter macrumors 68040

iParis

UPDATE! A similar thing has also happened to two different torrents of the same episode.
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/2534093
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/2534421

If it is, I didn't know this many people watched it. The one from last week surprisingly still has over 2000 seeders.

9. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

heck yeah. I used a site call TVtorrents.com. A new show MIGHT get 2000-3000 people who download it. But I can promise you that with in 2 hours of the torrent being ready that there will be more seeders than leechers. Reason being is the site has an account system. To download cost you credits and uploading gives you credits.

Great way to encourage seeders. When I got on the site years ago they gave you some credits to start until they had a leecher problem. Now only way to get on to it is either buy credits threw donations or have some on invite you in and give you you seed money so to speak.

It is great. I built up a large enough bank of credits where if I want to just leech something I can but for the most part I do seed pretty heavy on some no name shows that might only have 1-2 seeders counting me. That is where my bank comes from.

Just figure I try to point people in the right direction. Find a site that has a credit system like that and downloads are great.

A new episode is a 20 min download for me. An entire seson from 5 years ago 1 hour.

Oh and no I will not be giving out any invites. I only have enough credits for 7 invites any how and personally I rather use them on myself or a few friends I know in RL.

10. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

So shouldn't the download count be at least similar to the seeder number?

11. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Be careful, the RIAA/MPAA watchdogs do this. This is how they bait folks, they put a very large number of leechers / seeders on a torrent to bump it up to the top 100 and grab everyone's IP addresses. TPB put a stop to these, you might want to skip this round... They occassionaly lace the show with garbage or poor audio to deter you from grabbing it again.

12. TK B$K macrumors 6502

F**K THE RIAA! Long live TPB!!

13. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

that must have been a really really good episode or something.. maybe i need to start watching this show.

edit: now the links have been pulled