Home Button Compromised - Warranty Exchange?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IlliniGuy76, Apr 22, 2013.

1. IlliniGuy76 macrumors regular

Hi All,

I purchased my iPhone 5 when it came out. I obviously am still under warranty.

My home hasn't stopped working but it is obvious that it is compromised. Meaning it's just a matter of time that it will stop working. I've had this happen once before and I can tell that this is exactly what is happening now. The depression is just significantly lower and there have been times where I've had to push it 2-3 times to pop up the screen.

Is it worth going to Apple to see about a replacement before I'm out of warranty? Or is it a fruitless effort knowing they'll tell me: Sorry it's still working.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

1. You have lots of warranty time still. No rush, sounds like it's working.

2. They can flag the complaint about your handset in your account at the least, even if they don't replace.

3. IlliniGuy76 thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't get the extended warranty on the phone. You only have one year...

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes...

5. JoEw macrumors 65816

JoEw

Apple is more willing to replace iPhones now I am on my 3rd iPhone 5 first 2 had many problems. Loud rattle and purple mark on camera lens they quickly replaced it without hassle.

6. macalec macrumors 6502

It is much easier to simply call Apple up and have them ship you a replacement phone. Too many times the geniuses do not replace phones with that problem. The support over the phone is much better.