Home Button Durability?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mototriu, Oct 26, 2012.

1. mototriu macrumors member

Hello. I just got a iphone about a month ago and Im afraid my iphones home button might give out sometime during my 2 year contract. Will it hold up for 2 year under normal use or should I enable assistive touch?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Never had a home button crap out on me since 2007.

3. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I've had the 3GS home button last over 2.5 years until I upgraded to the 4S. If the button fails, just take it in and have the store look at it.

4. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

The home button on my iP2G has worked without issue since 2007. Hopefully, my iP5's home button will hold up in kind.

5. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

All of the above plus they've been reinforced further with the iPhone 5.

6. mototriu thread starter macrumors member

Ohh well I recently got a 4S not a IP5. But I guess you guys are right since iphones are known to have good build quality.

7. bushman4 macrumors 68000

According to Apple ,home button has been made more durable. Most people did not have an issue with the home button. As any other problem ,

8. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

I think the iPhone 5 home button has the nicest action of any of my iPhones - better than my 4, better than my 4S - like the difference between switchgear in a new BMW and a 1986 Camaro

9. richmds macrumors regular

Its made to stand up to 65,536 pushes after that its useless. Hope you started counting after you took it out of the box.

10. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

iPhone since 3G - no problems with home button

11. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Problems tend to happen when people use cases that collect a lot of dust into the home button area. If you're dirty, no offense to anyone, but the dirt will get into your button and in the end make it sticky and function worse. I've seen some that were just CAKED on the inside and well.. ew..

12. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

I couldn't agree with you more. The iPhone 5 has a great button, like my iPad. The short and sharp feeling of the home button is much better than the "mushy" home buttons I've experienced on other devices.