Home button not working.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noupf, Nov 8, 2011.

1. noupf macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hey guys, my iphone4 is just over a year old ( so i guess im out of warranty ) and my home button is now requiring one or two extra taps before it responds. Also, the taps usually need to be quite firm. If I give it a soft tap, there is no response. Am I sheet out of luck or will apple help me here ?

2. ac921ol macrumors regular

try and see if apple will help you, hopefully they do.

if they dont

then do a hard restore and best of luck.

you also always have the option to take it apart and try and fix the issue yourself, by purchasing a new part.

3. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

i have found that what happens is that dirt from your finger gets under the button. the only way i have been able to fix it is by taking the phone apart and cleaning the home button

4. noupf thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Good to know. I am handy and do have mini precision screw drivers. Should I do that first or try apple? Can they tell if I open it or what ? I don't want to open it and then have them deny me any help bc I opened the phone.

5. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

My iphone 4 purchased in Feb 2011 started having home button issues.. I took it in to Apple and they gave me a new replacement.

6. hoogen macrumors regular

hoogen

depending on if it is still under warranty. and when you get the home button out of the phone, you need to clean the ring around the home button, and the back of the glass where the home button touches, kinda hard to explain.

7. HussamRaed macrumors regular

HussamRaed

This might work for some people, But you can give it a shot:

1-Go to the Phone App.

2-Press and hold the power button till slider come up.

3-now press and hold the home button till the app Exits.

You might now have your home button get more responsive. (it worked for me)