Home button on 4s and 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by v7da1, Sep 19, 2012.

1. v7da1 macrumors member

just a lil query

i have a black iphone 4 and upgrading to the 5 on friday
    i can't remember when i first got my 4 but now my home
    button hardly works (which sucks cause i got used to the double and triple click gestures on my iPad)
    anyways i have a black iphone. my friend has a white 4s and that button is so good (nice and responsive).

i was just wondering if anyone has a black iphone 4 or 4s and has felt the white iphone 4/s home button and felt a significant difference

2. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

s'what AppleCare is there for ;)
    I replaced my iP4 Home Button myself and figured £60 was worth the money never to have to do THAT again!

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

FWIW, so reviewers are commenting on build quality and how the home button feels more sturdy, at least in their minds, than the 4/4.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

The home button on the 4S is significantly better than the one on the 4. It is almost too easy to press sometimes. The iPhone 4 did not have a very good home button.

5. muledogus macrumors 6502

My black iPhone 4's home button went to crap too. However, taking the back cover off and placing a little piece of paper, folded a few times, right behind the home button and putting the cover back on has it working fine again. It's just putting a little more pressure on the area so the button is more responsive. Very simple and free fix. Still upgrading to the 5 though.