Home/Office monitor, keyboard, mouse

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MCAsan, Jul 25, 2012.

1. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

For those with MBPs, especially with rMBPs, what are you using with the machine when you have at home or office? Do you use the native screen, keyboard, trackpad...or....do you hookup an external monitor (thunderbolt, cinema, other), keyboard (wired, wireless), mouse (wired, wireless), or trackpad?

I plan to use the native screen, keyboard, and trackpad on the road. But when home I am thinking of using my wired keyboard and mouse. Naturally I would love a large Retina thunderbolt display. But those are not available now and I doubt I could afford one right now...after ordering the rMBP. ;)

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I used an Apple bluetooth keyboard and Magic Mouse. Love the combination. This is also used with the MacBook running a second Samsung display - 27" 1920X1200. Dual displays are the way to go!

3. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Home - 15" Late 2011 MBP - just use as the laptop unless I'm plugging into my TV to watch something or using a USB mouse for Diablo III.

Work - 13" MBP, was using it for a while with external logitech keyboard and mouse with 24" external monitor, but am now am using MBP keyboard+trackpad with the external monitor and seems to going a lot better.

4. GoSooners macrumors member

Work - 2x Samsung 24" 1920x1200 monitors via (1) TB connection with TB-DVI adapter and (2) HDMI-DVI cable; Microsoft Mouse wireless keyboard and mouse with its single transceiver plugged into one of my Samsung USB 3.0 ports; this same monitor also has the "older" USB 2.0 100/10Base-T adapter plugged into another USB 3.0 port so when I undock, I kill two cables with one USB plugged into one of my MBPro's USB 3.0. This leaves a single USB 3.0 port left of plugging in flash memory or other USB devices without getting behind my monitor

Home - (1) TBD; Apple Bluetooth keyboard, trackpad, and magic mouse; considering getting a second TBD once its refreshed (just for bragging rights) and to provide more real estate for music production; also work from home sometimes so I'm sure I could make good use of it

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

For my home, I use the LG E2370V-BF monitor.
    23in and has 2 HDMI ports so I can connect my MBA or my PS3 as well.

I use the Apple's Wireless keyboard and just got my Magic Mouse yesterday.
    I used the Wireless Mighty Mouse but I love the MM better.

On the bedside, I have my 27in Cinema Display connected to my MBA.