Home Sharing doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hayley93, Jun 19, 2013.

1. hayley93 macrumors newbie

I was trying to use Home Sharing on my Apple TV with the remote app for the iPhone, but my Apple TV won't recognize my iPhone even though both are logged into my Apple ID. I tried turning on home sharing in iTunes on my Mac as well, and on the music part of my phone just to see if it was the remote app or my Apple TV. But still, my Apple TV keeps giving the message "To access your iTunes library on Apple TV, turn on Home Sharing in iTunes". My computer and phone are also acting like there are no other devices with Home Sharing turned on. What can I do to make this work?

2. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Everything has to be on the same network as well, so you'll need to connect to your home network with your phone via WiFi. Once you've got your AppleTV and iPhone on the same network, when you fire up the Remote App, you should see the AppleTV(s) listed.

Your computer of course has to be on the local network with the ATV too, but also logged into Home Sharing using the same account as the other devices you want to Home Share (i.e., there's a login for your Apple account, but Home Sharing can be an independent login ... like my phone is connected to my AppleID but it's on Home Sharing using the Wife's ID like all the other devices).

3. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

Happens to me from time to time. I unplug my router then plug back in and it connects in no time.