Home Sharing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deellow, Dec 21, 2011.

1. deellow macrumors member

deellow

I don't see a thread on here about iTunes, so I thought I'd post this in the most viewed forum.

Anyone else lose home sharing on iTunes 10.5.2? It worked great on 10.5.1, but after the update, I no longer have home sharing come up in my library/devices box in iTunes. iTunes says home sharing is turned on and my library has been checked in settings to share, but none of my iDevices or other machines can sync with my shared library. I've seen a few threads on the Apple support forums, but didn't know how wide spread the issue was.

d

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

No problem with us since the upgrade. Home Sharing still working fine.

3. GFromA macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem with iTunes 10.5.2. Evidence: At first, I thought it was a problem with my new Apple TV that my Macbook's library (shared with iTunes 10.5.2) didn't show up as shared, and after hours of tweaking firewalls, updating the Apple TV, and resetting routers, I turned on home sharing from my wife's laptop (running an older iTunes 10.2.2) and it popped up right away on the Apple TV.

I would love it if anyone has a solution. Is downgrading iTunes versions possible or does it corrupt libraries and settings?

4. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Fine for me, just tried with my iPhone and iPad and they both found my library.

5. macinnv macrumors regular

I had problems trying to get mine to work. It worked for me only after messing with it for about a half hour. Somehow after resetting all devices, re-entering network info, etc it somehow worked.

6. deellow thread starter macrumors member

deellow

Just for clarification, did you reset your router configuration or just do a power cycle?

7. macinnv macrumors regular

Just power cycle and logging back in and out of the network a few times.