Home Should Not Be a War Zone

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by lowendlinux, Jun 17, 2016.

1. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/17/o...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_A._McChrystal

That's who Gen McChrystal is.

2. pdqgp, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

A great start to eliminating the just over 8,000 murders by firearms that occur each year would be to send in the national guard to clean up the "hoods" of the major cities like Chicago and LA and others that are crawling with gang members and drug dealers. Like we did in the military operations, we'd clear out the cities of those that we knew could not be trusted. In America it's time to lock up the trash for good and drive the rats out.

• Stop letting them out and crying that we don't have the funding.
    • Build more prisons if need be.
    • Commit the resources and end free up the police to do their job.
    • Stop worrying more about the rights of a hood rat with a gun than the innocent people we are killing.
    • Hold families accountable for raising their children and educating them like actual parents
    • Improve the educational systems in the inner cities
    • Work to strengthen the communities and how they see family units

The good news is the majority of the 8,000 murdered each year, not all of them are the totally innocent, positive and healthy contributing citizens we want to continue on. Many of them are trash that honesty is best not to have to deal with anyway. Harsh opinion yes, but it's reality.

It's time we start calling things like they are and realizing that when you have limited resources, you save the ones worth saving first, punish the ones that deserve punished and if there are casualties remaining, let's not cry outside maybe one tear if they weren't actually worth saving anyway. Casualties do happen, mitigate the risk on the ones we worth saving.

We can't save everyone and the ones lost and everyone involved has a role to play. So even the gang banger who's life wasn't one of a model citizen, the reality is their family, friends and those around them have to face the fact that all of them as well as their loved one had a role to play and going forward still have a role to play at insuring the disease doesn't spread further.

3. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The military (national guard) should always be separate from the police, and should only be used in an emergency. The National Guard are not trained to be police officers or judges, and somehow I cannot see declaring martial law in major cities would advance the cause of freedom. Also, the reason why the statues of Justice outside US courts show a figure blindfolded is because the Justice system must treat everybody as being equally worthy of protection. Otherwise, the US will degenerate into a class-based society not only on the basis of economics but also on the basis of government intervention. Finally, punitive prison regimes do not decrease recidivism among criminals (e.g., see link).

I agree with some of what you say, but perhaps we should start holding all of ourselves accountable for the the upbringing of children in our country, rather than just pointing the finger at bad parenting.

4. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Not sure what you mean by all of ourselves.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Husseins America, a pathetic example of the decay caused by embracing the takers. Inviting them into the country, funding them, and watching passively, as they unleash their hate on Americans.

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

What a bunch of ********.

The Orlando shooter was a US citizen born in ****ing Queens.

You wanna deport all New Yorkers now?

8. pdqgp, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016

pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

The POTUS is letting the terrorist win and accomplish their goals better than they could have ever wished to happen. He's an idiot.

Look at their goal. ISIS knows they can't out gun us militarily. They know they can't get here to our shores in masses easily. They want to take us down and hurt us so they know coming at us head on isn't the answer. SO in a situation like that what do you do? You let US defeat US. Get our people even more divided on multiple issues. In this case, it's GUNS Muslims and GAY Rights.

Best way to do it is to attack where they know we are sensitive. Guns rights. Hit us with a couple rogue attackes, use the weapon in question that while is the most rare and limiting in terms of deaths but highest in conroversy and use that. They KNOW as does anyone with firearms experience that an AR 15 isn't the gun to use in such attacks for lots of reason, but it does accomplish what they are looking to do.

Not rocket science but it does expose the fact that people are not informed, react on emotion and it does help the political movement to keep the party in power that they want in power because this party has been so lax on hurting them.

This attack was a brilliant move on the part of the ISIS cause. Too bad the powers in control don't see it and are instead playing into their game as the focus on their political ambitions.

9. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

We got some comedian conservatives Nationally and in this forum. Trump recently blamed immigration policy of the last 30 years for the Orlando shooting (the shooter's parents were allowed to immigrate), although Trump in his statement said the shooter was foreign born. So much for his competency dealing with facts. He tells you what he wants you to believe, it's all Obama's fault, and Clinton is an Obama surrogate, so vote for me. :rolleyes:

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

just the ones I don't like :mad:

11. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I guess I feel it is not just up to parents to provide a good environment for kids - I think it is a moral imperative for all of us. I used to work with disadvantaged kids many years ago. I understand that many parents are negligent or even harmful towards their kids, but that is often because the parents are young, ignorant, mentally ill, physically disabled or poor. Even if the parents are able-bodied and just plain awful, it not their kids' fault. Society (all of us) has to pick them up and help them.

12. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Fair point. However I wouldn't mind learning more about what you mean by society aka all of us having to pick them up and help them. Where I'm going with that is the parents need to take on the majority of the responsibility vs letting society be their babysitters and ones raising their kids. Ultimate teachers and and the rest of us are indeed here to help but not to replace parents. Lots of great organizations out there certainly.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

It is up to the parents to set their kids up right through proper rearing. There never will be equality in that realm, so each kid will grow up to whatever their potential is with whatever foundation, or lack of it, they've experienced. But society can only do so much. Our nation of laws take care of the rest. All the troubled ones will be Democratic voters and relishing the handouts.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

crime should not exist, we should pass laws against crime.

15. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Children should be seen and not heard; and preferably not seen either.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    How in the hell are gay rights even a factor in this argument?

"They make me uncomfortable. THE TERRORISTS ARE WINNING!"

17. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

I'm referencing the bad guys struck a gay bar in part to stir the celebrations around Pride Week and also knowing gay rights are a hot button in our society. Again, think about the disruption they caused with a single attack.

1. Gay Pride
    2. Public Area with high target potential
    3. AR Gun used
    4. Publicized via facebook
    5. Used a Native Born Muslim
    etc.

Lots of disruption to cause even more decisiveness amount our society and political arena.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

So what you're saying is that certain people shouldn't celebrate themselves or their community, because it might give cause to others who disagree with their stance and lifestyles to react violently?

Kowtowing to something like that would be the very definition of living in fear, wouldn't it, and antithetical to the very reason why they're having their pride parades in the first place.

19. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

You're missing my point completely and taking it the wrong way. It's not a derogatory comment. It's about him causing disruption and chaos. Anyway...... Nevermind....

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I was posting from downstairs, and distracted, so I very well could've misread you. Let me read it again.

Edit: Okay, I kinda get what you're saying. But at the same time, what else should they do?

21. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

My point is this. Think about if you were this guy and wanted to hit the US. Your goal isn't singular.

1. Kill lots of people
    2. Do it Publicly as to garner attention
    3. Strike a high profile event - Gays during Pride Week works better than a mall or restaurant.

Add in you could use just about any gun as honestly a .40 glock would be just as effective inside a club, easier to use, easier to wield, etc. so why do you think he and the once in Cali chose AR's? They did so because they are high profile and causes even further disruption and decisiveness within our political leadership and populations. Really a well thought out plan.

It's working too. Look at what's being spun. They likely absolutely are and they are learning about how we react. Our leadership is basically calling this a hate crime against gays and are focusing on guns and violence in America.

If I'm ISIS I'm LOL'ing all the way to our plan to do this again as they watch our gov't try an disarm our people. Terrorists are most certainly winning. They killed our people and as a bonus created all the other muck that's going on. I give them 2pts for this one not just 1.

22. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh, with the title I thought someone had uploaded a picture of my living room. My mistake. Carry on...

23. samiwas macrumors 65816

So, under Obama's America, gun deaths have risen extraordinarily because of his supposed "letting all the takers into the country to unleash their hate"? Think carefully...

How so?

Yet, some fat guys in their jacked up pickup trucks think they're going to fend off government tyranny.

So, let me make sure I have this straight. The terrorists are sitting over there in wherever, having a beer at the bar saying, "Hey, I think we can really eff over America by using this specific gun that is the heart of some of their arguments. My friend Bob told me they are scared of this one gun. We can get them arguing over gun laws! THAT'S how we'll take them down!"

Yes...they can't see it. You've uncovered the vast, decades-long plan of Middle Eastern terrorists to get Americans to argue about AR-15s.

24. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

hmmmmm, that would include both hillary and trump wouldn't it? hmmmmm...........and you mean deport them out of the USA and not just across the river to New Jersey, right?

let's not be too hasty in rejecting this idea!!

25. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

So in other words, it takes a village?

I recall someone saying that back when she was "merely" the First Lady.