Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john991

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I seem to have an issue under tvOS 10.0.1 in that under iCloud settings I do not see any option for homekit hub. (no option to connect or disconnect).

Under my iPad I can connect to homekit hub on my iPad and can control my lights inside or remotely.

Any idea why I can't use my Apple TV 4 for a homekit hub?

Thanks

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
I seem to have an issue under tvOS 10.0.1 in that under iCloud settings I do not see any option for homekit hub. (no option to connect or disconnect).

Under my iPad I can connect to homekit hub on my iPad and can control my lights inside or remotely.

Any idea why I can't use my Apple TV 4 for a homekit hub?

Thanks
I have this same problem/question! iPad shows up, not my 4th gen Apple TV...

john991

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I am not running any tvOS beta software, just the general public release software...still can't find home hub...
I am not running any tvOS beta software, just the general public release software...still can't find home hub...

I'm running the released tvOS 10.0.1 now and same issue. Hopefully Apple will fix this asap.

Reactions: scapegoat81

nightcap965

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
Cape Cod
Turn off your iPad. If you're using two-factor authentication, it will show up on the Apple TV. I think Apple assumes that if you have Homekit enabled on your iPad, you're using it for a hub.

Once enabled on the Apple TV, it doesn't seem to care if you access it on the iPad again.

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
Turn off your iPad. If you're using two-factor authentication, it will show up on the Apple TV. I think Apple assumes that if you have Homekit enabled on your iPad, you're using it for a hub.

Once enabled on the Apple TV, it doesn't seem to care if you access it on the iPad again.
This worked for me! Thanks! I had two-factor on already. I signed out of iCloud on my 4th gen Apple TV and then restarted it and signed back into iCloud, and there it was. All is good now!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.