Homepage a new Mac App that lets you build your own Homepage!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dock Status, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dock Status macrumors regular

We built this to allow users to setup their perfect Homepage to navigate the web. Take the time to set up the app and from that day forward it will be very obvious how much time Homepage will save you while you are surfing your favourite links.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/homepage/id560124275?mt=12

If we missed any features please let us know.

2. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

3. Dock Status thread starter macrumors regular

You set up a massive set of links on one page

and then you keep that as your homepage.

Create categories and then fill up all the appropriate links associated with that category. You end up with an entire page of your links. The homepage is a lot more user friendly than bookmarks.

4. JesperA macrumors 6502a

I dont get it either.

I never close the tabs in my browser for those websites i visit several times per day. If i do close any tab, i most often than not have the site i want to visit in the bookmarks, takes no more than 1-2 seconds to open a new tab and click on that bookmark so "Once you set up Homepage you will save so much time because everything you normally do on the web will be at your fingertips." doesnt apply to me.

Also, how is this more userfriendly than bookmarks exactly?

As far as i can see "Homepage" doesnt sync between devices, bookmarks in all modern browsers can be accessible by all my devices, thats not user friendly is it?

To me, its just an app that creates links, thats it, everything built into every browser already is way more powerful than that, i dont feel that the app have anything to convince me to pay for it, with so few feature and use cases the app should be free.

Sorry to be so hard on you but this app lacks so many features and i cant see any need for it whatsoever, sorry.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Suggestion...

I think making it work like the Launchpad/iOS home screen, using the web app icons might be a good idea. I can totally see myself using something like that to launch HTML5 apps. You can even add the dots at the bottom and add multitouch scrolling.

And then you can make a Safari extension to go alongside it, that way we have a way to pop it up whenever we'd like without having to figure out how to get to our homepage every time.

Kinda like how Chrome is setup, but better. ;)

6. old-wiz macrumors G3

Speed Dial works just fine and there's nothing in "Homepage" that seems to improve over Speed Dial.

7. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

A very good bookmarking tool, I have yet to test all features, but I like this new app. Homepage is free for a bit.

8. Jord5i macrumors member

When I downloaded it I expected it to be a safari plugin sort of thing, I am not sure if that's possible, but I would much prefer it to be a safari plugin than this separate app.

9. Dock Status thread starter macrumors regular

Explain this Safari plug in idea a bit more ! Please

What would that exactly look like if you could elaborate. Something like a drop down menu launched from the statusbar? With all the websites posted? Bookmarks does that already?

10. bb0bbby macrumors newbie

Was going to give it a go but it is showing $1.99 now.:confused:

11. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm really liking it actually. But yeah, I would also want this as a Safari plugin.

With a few different styles, being able to rearrange our links/move sections around, and format the Text, this could go pretty far.

Here's my setup:

[​IMG]

12. Dock Status thread starter macrumors regular

Jessica,

Pretty sweet set up. Not happy that you removed my puzzle called Str8ts:)or letterlicious.com

13. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Oh, sorry, I'll add those back tomorrow. :D