HomePod HomePod "Having Difficulties Connecting To Your Apple Music Account" Once A Week

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by boltjames, Mar 26, 2019.

1. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

After 5 months of solid performance my HomePod in the upstairs bathroom tells me that its "having a problem connecting to your Apple Music account" and prompts me to check the Home app.

And when I do, it's always the same thing- it's missing my password. I long-press the icon, it takes me to the HomePod settings page, I type in the password, and there we go. Its working again.

I have another HomePod downstairs in the living room, no problems, never has had this issue once, not ever. But the upstairs bathroom HomePod, different story, once a week it disconnects and requires me to re-enter the password.

I haven't changed my Apple Music account at all, same password for years. Credit card info is up to date. No changes to wi-fi or networking, all the same for years. All firmware on the HomePod's and iPhone is up to date.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts.

2. Farsider macrumors 6502a

Farsider

Same here, same problem. HomePod owners on Reddit are reporting the same.

Must be a bug. I hope the just released HomePod OS 12.2 addresses it.

3. boltjames thread starter macrumors 601

boltjames

Thanks. While I don't want to see anyone else have challenges with their Apple products I am glad I'm not alone as it means Apple will fix this (hopefully) quickly.

4. jcmc macrumors member

I started a similar thread a few weeks back and have just updated it with info I discovered on Reddit which suggested it affects those of us who have different Apple Ids for our music and iCloud.