HomePod HomePod's are on sale in Argos.....for UK folks.

CamiMR

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2012
First time it’s been under £200 in the UK, isn’t it?
Bought 2 from John Lewis, but will keep them sealed for now and see if there’s a new version released in the rumoured end of March event.
£199 should have been the price from the start...

Reactions: HacKage

malcky77

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2019
@CamiMR I would see if John Lewis will price match what Argos have at the moment if you have only just recently bought them?

I personally don't think there will be a HomePod 2.....and if there was I reckon it would be a smaller version with less components inside compared to the current one.

Reactions: CamiMR

BSben

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2012
UK
Malcky77, thank you for the info on this. I added 2 more to my setup, for much less than expected. A massive thank you to you!!!!!!

MrJM

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2012
Managed to snag one at John Lewis Liverpool. Replacing an ageing Sonos setup. I bought one when they first came out for £329 but returned it as felt it wasn’t worth it. For me £199 is about the right price. Seems to have come a long way in terms of functionality in 2 years too!

HacKage

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2010
If they were £199 from the start, I would have had plenty of them. Now at £199, I'm held back by the fact they will almost certainly be replaced soon as they are never on sale. I suspect they will drop closer to £149 when the new one is released.

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
will keep them sealed for now and see if there’s a new version released in the rumoured end of March event
No need to keep them sealed, you have consumer rights that will allow you to return the item within a set amount of days for a refund if you so wish, as long as the item is in new resellable condition. That usually means putting everything back neatly in the box as you found it with no marks or damage. I have done it many times, most recently with Oculus Quest, which was awesome but didn't feel worth £399. So I enjoyed the hell out of it, then boxed it up and returned it for a full refund.

Also I agree about the price, I would never have paid £279 for one, and I have only just pulled the trigger with the £80 off. Again I will see what i think of it, and if I have any hesitations I will send it back for a refund.

Break those badboys out and enjoy them :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.