Honor Jobs today -Use you iPhone naked- take the case off!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by viewfly, Oct 6, 2011.

1. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

To honor the memory of Steve Jobs, remove your cases from your iPhones today and show the world that you have an Apple product.

Use your iPhone naked the whole day today, or even part of the day!

-VF

2. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

3. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

4. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

Great idea you go do that I'm right behind you.

5. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

I always have my iPhone 4 "naked" i've never had signal issues. Not saying they don't exist, i just never get them.

6. Catch macrumors 6502

7. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

I am.

We all use cases for various reasons...for signal issues, for looks, or just to be different.

Let' show off the apple logo today!

8. Jr1985 macrumors 6502

No one cares if they see your Apple logo or not.

9. anfield11 macrumors 6502

It's nothing to do with Logos. It's beautifully made piece of art that is wonderfully functional....it's a crime to cover it with an ugly bumper.

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

While agree, the phone lacks grip so I will be picking up a case for mine from Best Buy today.

11. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Why not just let those people that really knew him grieve for him in their own private way? I'm sure Steve would rather be remembered for who he really was rather than how much he impacted a corporate stock price. I can't say for sure but I seriously doubt that one's company legacy is foremost in one's mind during one's final days with those people that really matter.

12. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

Love this idea. Be proud we're Apple users. I am. Screw the haters. My iPhone 4 is naked and loving it.

13. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If it's a crime, arrest Apple. They made it :)

14. AFPoster macrumors 65816

15. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

If I didn't sell my iPhone, it would still be naked.

16. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

Rockin out with my Apple out!!

I do have a "leather" back on it with the logo showing. I suppose my iPhone is a never-nude.

17. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Some strange, small minded responses...

No different than wearing a black armband for something you respect.

Just show the phone off the way SJ designed/approved it. Put aside you personal feelings for a day.

18. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Herein lies the fallacy. Today should be about personal feelings for those that knew him *personally*.

Were it me, I think my family would be insulted if all people remembered about me were the things I did at my day job.

19. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

I think his family would be proud to know that he affected people not just as a human being but for the things he accomplished in his life. He has a great following of people that respected him very much for his visions in the technology world and in other walks of life. Don't assume that his family would be upset that some remember him only for what he invented. That's a great gift that a majority of people will never feel. And for that I'm sure his family is greatful to all of of us.

I will show off my apple logo today for him. If even out of respect for a great man, one who could be difficult at times, but earn the revered, respectful admiration we all have for him today. Steve inspired people. Put aside your differences and expectations. That's what he would have wanted.

20. Zord macrumors 6502

Zord

I only use an Incase Snap case but that sucker is coming off before I leave the house today. Great idea OP!!

I'm with you.

21. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

well the bumper does not cover the Apple logo which is what the OP was requesting us to do; show the Apple logo

22. LagFighter macrumors regular

I'm about to ship off my iPhone for sale tomorrow. I'll find my own way to remember Steve.

23. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I agree, this is a good idea. Although I don't need to remove my case since it's the Otterbox Commuter with the cutout in the back showing the Apple logo. :D

RIP Steve. You will be missed. :apple:

24. walie macrumors 6502a

I think people show the world they have an apple product on their own every day, regardless of what happened, and usually in an annoying manner

25. Dnice25 macrumors newbie

I took mine off last night with the same intention! I have had it naked all day and I have to say it so effin' nice. I know I want to protect it and use a bumper, but I'm going to keep it this way for good. Steve helped make this phone beautiful - so I'm with you too, OP. RIP Steve