Hooray for iSync

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 9, 2002
The program crashed less than 30 seconds after I opened it. Gotta love public betas

bidge

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2002
New Zealand
Brilliant program. Remember version 1 of iTunes well by the time iSync and iCal get through a couple of versions we are going to have some software for PC users to drool over.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by Chaszmyr
Just a follow up, after rebooting my comp it worked fine
Yep, there is a lot of rebooting to be had with iSync. It is a great program with a lot of upside. I really like it, but be prepared to reboot more than you may be use to.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
iSync has worked perfectly for me since Day One. My only reservation, which I have e-mailed Apple about, is that there should be a preference to schedule a daily sync (or weekly or whatever). I mean, how hard can that be? At present, I have to sync six times a day to get my account and my wife's up to date on three Macs. This is a bit of an obvious oversight :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

daijones

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Originally posted by skunk
iSync has worked perfectly for me since Day One. My only reservation, which I have e-mailed Apple about, is that there should be a preference to schedule a daily sync (or weekly or whatever). I mean, how hard can that be? At present, I have to sync six times a day to get my account and my wife's up to date on three Macs. This is a bit of an obvious oversight :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Scheduled sync-ing would be sweet. It would also be nice to specify files/folders to sync: indeed, a mechanism like Backup's QuickPicks for specifying all sorts of stuff to sync. Otherwise though, works like a dream. I have three computers and a palm, and might edit my calendar on any of them: finally all my machines have the same calendar. This is worth the price of .Mac on its own.

Talking of Backup, why can't I make my own QuickPicks? And why can't I specify a backup of files modified since a certain date? Now this is software that desparately needs version 2.

D