Hope an update to iOS 6 is available by the time I'm home!!

StuartMoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2011
Scotland
Got my iPhone 5 waiting for me at home! Don't get back until the 3rd.
Going by all the threads reporting wifi/battery issues etc, I hope Apple bring out a reviewed version of iOS 6.

How long D'you think it'll take them to release an update?

Stuart.

Last edited:

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Got my iPhone waiting for me at home! Don't get back until the 3rd.
Going by all the threads reporting wifi/battery issues etc, I hope Apple bring out a reviewed version of iOS 6.

How long D'you think it'll take them to release an update?

Stuart.
They're generally methodical for iOS updates. I wouldn't expect anything for a couple months at the earliest.

Dav1

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Just tried checking for updates on my iPad3 and got an unable to check for updates please try again message.... It has been showing no updates available.

Netherscourge

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
It's amazing how much smoother and nicer the iPhone 4S launch/iOS 5 launch was compared to this mess.

All we had to worry about was battery drain issues - which affected random people.

Appleseeds

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2012
It's amazing how much smoother and nicer the iPhone 4S launch/iOS 5 launch was compared to this mess.

All we had to worry about was battery drain issues - which affected random people.
I don't see this as being any different than any other iPhone launch.
Complainers will complain about anything and everything.
I don't know why if iPhones are so awful these same people keep continuing to buy them.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
The maps app fiasco seems to be getting the biggest buzz in iOS6. Apple can't fix that with a simple update. This will take years.