Hope & Change

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Jan 6, 2010.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Or is it Hope for Change.

link

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

3. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

If we could put together a list of 435 reps and 33 Senators (or is it 34 this year?) giving up, I'd be all th happier, regardless of what letter comes at the end of their name.

4. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

yg17, Great, seems like we are dredging up news from a year ago. All those except bunning were post election announcements after the GOP got trounced.
    You could include Sen Sphincter (arlen) from PA in the list if you want to go back to last winter.
    My point is-what a difference a year makes.

www.goooh.com

I agree!

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Dodd retiring actually makes his seat LESS likely to change to the other party.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Exactly- this is gonna be a bad year for all incumbents. People want them ALL gone. We've had enough. So, I'd say that yes, this is a very positive thing indeed.

7. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

"Senator Sphincter?" OMG, I see what you did there!! You substituted Senator Arlen Specter's last name with a word meaning the ring of muscle surrounding the opening of a tube, such as the anus!

I am in awe of the Swiftian level of your humor. I am certain that in any area of serious political discourse, a jibe like you will command serious respect from anyone trying to argue from a high intellectual plane.

[/sarcasm]
    :rolleyes:

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Really....it makes him look like a 10 year old kid who still thinks words like "poopy" and "butt" are funny :rolleyes:

I could probably have a more meaningful political debate with Beavis and Butthead.

9. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

LOL, you said poopy and butt! That's hillarious!

Ribs hurting... Can't stop laughing...

On a more serious note, political calculations are being made by people switching sides or retiring. I can't imagine Dodd or Dorgan are retiring to give the GOP a better shot in the next series of elections.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Some posters have lost the ability to debate articulately and can only resort to name-calling to express themselves.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Quite surprised to wake up to the news that Gov. Ritter is not seeking re-election.:eek:

12. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Poll: Blumenthal Already Way Ahead Of Connecticut GOP Senate Candidates

There is already a poll out of the Connecticut Senate race, demonstrating that Sen. Chris Dodd's (D-CT) retirement has drastically improved Democratic chances of holding the seat, with state Attorney General Richard Blumenthal holding landslide leads over the Republican candidates.

By a very fortunate coincidence, Public Policy Polling (D) was already in the field with a poll testing both Dodd and Blumenthal as Democratic nominees, in order to determine whether Democrats would do better by dumping the incumbent. The answer is an emphatic yes.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/...nnecticut-gop-senate-candidates.php?ref=fpblg

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Kind of like "tea-baggers" right?

14. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I agree with you. I feel most if not all of them should go. We need term limits on our congressment. The real power is the people who have been in the senate and the House the longest. They have a lot of political cards they can play to get what they want done.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I know the voters are supposed to have short memories, but what in the world makes anyone think that a significant number of voters are gonna give up on the Dems and go back to the Republicans???

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wishful thinking on the part of neocons, that's what.

17. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

What in the world? How 'bout that deficit?

[​IMG]

If that's not bad enough we can show the escalating unemployment rate under Democrats...

18. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Right. The Republicans had nothing to do with that. :rolleyes:

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

American's may have a short memory but not that short. They will not elect the same clowns who got us into this mess.

20. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

don't even try, they will never see it.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And neither will you.

22. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Good point rdowns - one of these clowns admitted his failure today. His name is Chris Dodd. One of the other clowns is Barney Frank. I'm waiting for his political departure as well when he steps down... the last clown, Obama, will likely never admit his failure. All three got us into this recession!

Dodd, Frank and Obama – Three Blind Mice
    http://atimetochoose.wordpress.com/...-leave-a-trail-of-crumbs-from-the-cookie-jar/
    Chris Dodd thinks that no one enforced the regulations. Barney Frank blames Reagan for this (with deregulation). Yet neither man noticed that under their noses (and in spite of Bush Administration warnings) the two quasi-governmental companies were run aground and their execs took HUGE payouts. Barney and Chris – here is a newsflash for you. It was your legislation and your fellow social engineering laws forcing “diversity” down the throats of the banks. Barney, your GOAL was to float loans to under and un-qualified people.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Link

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

25. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Ah, I see what you did right there. Interesting. You posted facts. Refreshing.