Hope for October deliveries?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VivaLaFisica, Sep 17, 2012.

1. VivaLaFisica macrumors regular

What're the chances those with October delivery dates actually get their iPhone 5 this Friday?

In the past, have iPhones arrived earlier than their expected delivery date?

2. leenak macrumors 68020

I just read something that said that apple was bumping up a bunch of orders to 9/21 but those were 9/28 orders I think. You might get yours on 9/21 but you could also get it the following week.

3. WesCole macrumors 6502a

There's always hope. :)

I am in the same boat. I ordered at 7:45am CST thinking that surely all the iPhones wouldn't sell out in just a few hours, especially since the orders started at 2am CST. Boy, was I wrong...I tried the 32GB and 64GB, both white and black, on Apple's iPhone app and they all were sold out when I tried. I will be really happy if my iPhone 5 gets here on Friday, but somehow I doubt that will happen. :(

4. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

Yes, in the past Apple has shipped products earlier than the shipment date listed. They appear to ship items as they become available.

I mentioned this in another thread on the same topic: Last year I ordered an iPhone 4S on October 9 with an expected delivery date of Oct. 24-31. The order shipped on the 17th and delivered on the 20th.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1443369&page=2

5. VivaLaFisica thread starter macrumors regular

That's comforting. Thing is, we're there ever any updates from Apple or your carrier provider? Or did you just get it in the mail-- Surprise?