Hoping build quality increased in the new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MattMJB0188, Sep 12, 2012.

1. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

So many defective iPhone 4S'. Loose sleep wake buttons, loose/wiggly home buttons, loose volume buttons, screen bleeding, funky vibrating motors inside the phone. Hoping Apple still doesn't release that 4" longer monster, or if they do, please improve build quality.

2. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

My home button is junk on my iPhone 4. Half the time it doesn't register. So yea, I am hoping that is better quality on this iPhone.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

there will always be defects...we can just hope it is very isolated. After about 4 months, my volume would just randomly go down

4. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

The vibrate motor on the 4S "issue" was explained shortly after release last year. It's not an issue.

5. MattMJB0188 thread starter macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

What's funny is most 4S users don't know they have a problem, when in fact they DO. i played with about 5 iPhone 4S' and all demonstrated a different issue. Though some might not consider it an issue.

Some sleep wake buttons were very firm, and didn't move at all when pressed. Some were very wiggly, resulting in an obnoxious sound when the phone is slightly shaken. Why would one shake their iPhone? Well some games require it and you could hear the sleep wake button rattling.

On some you could take your thumb and rest it on the home button and wiggly it left to right and it the entire button seemed to move.

All of this defective. Why can't they make all the phones the same?

6. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My 4S is solid as a rock. I think Apple has pretty good QC. There are always going to be defects in any mass produced product.

7. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

I got 3 4s iPhones. No problems. Maybe I'm the only one?

Probably not. :rolleyes:

8. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I've had and seen others with multiple issues with the home button. I heard a rumor a few weeks ago that Apple is using the same mechanism on the new iPhone home button that they now use on the iPads (which have been perfect in my experience). Hopefully that solves any potential issues in the future.