Hoping to Purchase MBP but A bit unsure if its right for me

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by asegura2, Oct 24, 2008.

1. asegura2 macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,
    I've been on the fence on whether or not to purchase any type of Apple Desktop or Laptop. I've done my research and tested them out and I am now ready to get myself a MBP but I dont know if i need all that power.
    The majority of my computer usage consists of the internet browsing, music, pictures, word, powerpoint, and very minimal video editing all currently on a windows run laptop. With this new mac, im hoping to increase my personal video editing and as a musician i'm hoping to start recording my music via protools. So my question is, should i go out an spend 2000+ on a macbook pro or would a macbook be sufficient enough. I also forgot to mention that i do take my laptop on the go. Any recommendations or suggestions would be great! i just want my moneys worth :)

2. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Sounds like a MacBook should be more then enough for you, it'll save you money too!
    The current systems have more then enough processing power for most users and if your nothing thinking of playing demanding 3D games then you can forget the MacBookPro and save some money.... and ofcourse, you can always upgrade later if you need more power!

Though, there are users here who have the MBP and does far less!! Guess they have less common sense.