Horrible cell service Iphone 5 At&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bosco500, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bosco500 macrumors newbie

Apr 26, 2010
    I have had at&t service for about 10 years now. I have had multiple iphones including the 4 and 4s and all of them worked with two to three bars of 3g in the basement of my home (the 4s was labeled "4g").

I've had the Iphone 5 since Friday, and it gets a steady one bar (without the "3g" or "4g" symbols, whatever the "regular" service is). I cannot take calls in the basement anymore, the person on the other end cannot hear me.

Any ideas or is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? Could the phone be defective?
  2. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

Feb 12, 2012
    Call AT&T for the fix. Common issue on the 5 that they know about. Simple reset of network settings on their end and then on the phone
  3. bosco500 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 26, 2010
    Cool, I'll try that. Thanks!
  4. Prof. macrumors 601

Aug 17, 2007
  5. zencowboy macrumors member

May 5, 2010
    Did that help?

6. bosco500 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 26, 2010

They couldn't help over the phone. She said someone would contact me within 72 hours with a resolution. Will probably wind up having to return the phone.
  7. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

Mar 11, 2009
    I'm on Verizon, and I am having the same issue. Phone issue? Four days with this phone, and I've had about fifteen dropped calls. I can no longer talk on my phone in the basement as well. The other person stops being able to hear me, or the call drops entirely. Earlier today, I had two calls drop on the expressway (where I normally have full service). I've noticed the phone does a lot of going between o, 3G, and LTE even when it's just sitting unused. Software issue? Radio issue?
  8. PM-Performance, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

PM-Performance macrumors 6502

Feb 12, 2012
    Mine was only data connection that I knew of and yes it has been fixed from the above suggestion I made.

My issue came back and needed my data dropped and added back on by ATT again. They said Apple is well aware of the problem. . I asked apple yesterday and the person I spoke with said this is the first he has heard of it.