Host from the Young Turks kicked off flight

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Delta's got a bunch of new airplanes. However if you fly out of O'Hare, there are probably a lot of commuter planes.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 12, 2016 ---
    That's a great point that could possibly put AA on the spot for singling out a celebrity... if that's what happened.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

American Airlines DIDN'T have a plane scheduled for the flight they sold tickets too! There was no mechanical plane problems the AirLine NEVER scheduled a plane! That's why the passengers became upset! So 4 hours later they had to bring a plane in to cover thier butts!

3. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Is that a known fact? Airlines have their aircraft routes scheduled out, based on the aircraft they operate, and sell tickets on that basis. If I was to guess, I'd say somewhere in their system a plane broke causing them to come up short.

4. Roric macrumors regular

I agree. Last month I was flying out of O'Hare and at the next gate over they made an announcement that the incoming plane had a cracked windshield. They were delaying the next flight to get the repair done and they estimate was 2 hours. All the passengers were being rebooked on other flights and airlines. This took care of the immediate situation, but still left a problem. That plane was scheduled to fly from Chicago to somewhere. Upon arrival at that somewhere, the plane would then be reloaded and fly out somewhere. Since it was sitting in Chicago, that flight in some other airport was impacted too. And since this was mid morning, keep that chain of impacted flights going all day. I can totally see something went wrong in some airport far away and that mucked things up so that there was no plane at the gate for hours.

5. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

I was just looking on airlineratings.com and I admit that it looks like Delta and American mostly have newer planes now-- not what I remembered from the past. In fact, it looks like most US domestic airlines have mostly newer planes. Which makes me wonder why there are pretty significant disparities in fuel consumption, as shown below. Any idea on why the fuel efficiency range is so wide?

[​IMG]

Back on the previous decade, old planes and bad service tended to go together, making my choices easier. American was never one of my favorites. My all-time favorites are still Air New Zealand and Qantas, but, they don't fly everywhere. :)

6. FieldingMellish, Apr 13, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

Tonight's TV reports a scarcity of security screeners while travelers have increased. Airport lines are like 90 minutes long. People are missing flights. So the Young Turds might be onto something.