HOT: Corsair P128 SSD $290 A/R (6/24 to 6/26 only)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chupa Chupa, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Just thought I'd share this awesome deal. I ordered this SSD from ZipZoomFly yesterday, but forgot how sloooow they are getting things out the door so looked at NewEgg while I was waiting for a ZZF rep to pick up the phone and glad I did...

The deal:

Corsair 128GB P128 SSD (this is the FAST version of the S128). It uses the latest Samsung controller.

$339 w/ Free Shipping. Go through bing.com/cashback and get $8 and change back. Then there is a $40 Corsair rebate (in the form of a Visa cash card, which I hate, but better than nothing). Total cost $290.

This is a great card. No it's not an Intel, but it's at least as good as the OCZ Vertex and looks to be less problematic in Macs re: going to sleep.

Anyway get it while its hot. This only for two days then its gone until who knows when...or maybe they'll just lower the price to $299 on Saturday. Ha. My luck. But for today, right now, its the best deal going.

2. winterspan macrumors 65816

Newegg.com now has this drive --- Corsair P128 (128GB) --- for $299 after $40 mail in rebate!

This drive is excellent! It has the new Samsung S3C29RBB01 controller like the excellent Corsair P256 and OCZ Summit drives. One of the most popular performance SSDs is the OCZ Vertex 120GB, which is $380 on newegg, so the similarly performing (better in some cases) Corsair P128 for $299 is unheard of!