Hotmail email on iphone won't let me send emails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macaroooon, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Macaroooon, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2013

Macaroooon macrumors 6502

It says: 'Check the settings for the outgoing servers in settings > Mail, contacts, calendars.

My PW is correct as is my email... I don't know what it is.

Outgoing Mail Server, SMTP says no server but I don't know how to change that.

I have tried deleting and re-adding the account btw.

I can receive emails bust just not send.

2. SpoekGTi macrumors regular

Same problem here on my g/f iPhone, got hotmail and iCloud mail, it won't send through hotmail because the outgoing server doesn't accept her @hotmail email address, which is weird. Sending through iCloud works fine so i did the most sensible thing migrated everything from hotmail to iCloud for her and let M$ bite the dust

3. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Wasn't hotmail being turned off and moved over to outlook.com email?

4. g35 macrumors 6502a

Try setting it up as exchange. Use server m.hotmail.com. Username is your full @hotmail.com email address. I think that's the only settings you need to put in, plus password. That's how I have mine, works perfectly.

5. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

You don't have to set it up using Exchange as noted above (you can, but don't have to). Go to Settings --> Mail, Contacts, Calendar --> Hotmail --> Outgoing Mail Server then tap the server name. It should be set to smtp.live.com and then you should be all set. I have it working on my phone so quote or PM if I can help further.

----------

Yes, Microsoft is in the process of moving everyone over. But it's not complete yet. The OP said that he/she can receive Hotmail so they must have not migrated yet.