Hotspot missing from iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Neebee, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Neebee macrumors 6502a

I can't see it!

never mind, it's under CELLULAR. Argh. :mad:

2. bowlen macrumors member

Well it is there!
    Under Settings - 4th from the top.

3. Neebee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Actually, it's under CELLULAR until the first time you use it. Then it appears in my case in the SETTINGS, 4th from the top.

Does anyone know why you MUST have bluetooth enabled to use the Hotspot? With Android, you just enable your hotspot and you're good. I dont even know how you would could connect via bluetooth. Am I missing something with the technology?

4. kenrobin macrumors regular

It took me awhile to find it too. Seems like they buried it in the settings on purpose to keep folks from using it.

5. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

I don't need Bluetooth enabled to use it on mine.

6. Hpye macrumors 6502

The whole world can use hotspot on iphone but USA cant use it, stupid att try to charge me. I use hotspot on s3 with att network, and i am allow to use it. however i cant use hotspot on iphone with att.

7. DarrenNI macrumors newbie

No, but it's a little confusing. You don't actually need Bluetooth turned on to use the hotspot. However, the first time you switch the hotspot on, a message comes up (can't remember eactly what it says unfortunately). Click the equivalent of "OK" on this message (again, can't remember exactly what it says) and it'll set you up to use Wifi and Bluetooth.

Turn the hotspot and Bluetooth off. Then the next time you go in to turn the hotspot on without having Bluetooth turned on, it should just use Wifi, and ignore Bluetooth.

I think. Although that's from memory, so it could be wrong.