Hotspot missing from iPhone 5?

Neebee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Actually, it's under CELLULAR until the first time you use it. Then it appears in my case in the SETTINGS, 4th from the top.

Does anyone know why you MUST have bluetooth enabled to use the Hotspot? With Android, you just enable your hotspot and you're good. I dont even know how you would could connect via bluetooth. Am I missing something with the technology?

Vundu

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Actually, it's under CELLULAR until the first time you use it. Then it appears in my case in the SETTINGS, 4th from the top.

Does anyone know why you MUST have bluetooth enabled to use the Hotspot? With Android, you just enable your hotspot and you're good. I dont even know how you would could connect via bluetooth. Am I missing something with the technology?
I don't need Bluetooth enabled to use it on mine.

Hpye

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
The whole world can use hotspot on iphone but USA cant use it, stupid att try to charge me. I use hotspot on s3 with att network, and i am allow to use it. however i cant use hotspot on iphone with att.

DarrenNI

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
No, but it's a little confusing. You don't actually need Bluetooth turned on to use the hotspot. However, the first time you switch the hotspot on, a message comes up (can't remember eactly what it says unfortunately). Click the equivalent of "OK" on this message (again, can't remember exactly what it says) and it'll set you up to use Wifi and Bluetooth.

Turn the hotspot and Bluetooth off. Then the next time you go in to turn the hotspot on without having Bluetooth turned on, it should just use Wifi, and ignore Bluetooth.

I think. Although that's from memory, so it could be wrong.