House Democrats Hijack IRS Hearing with Skittles and Trump Taxes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, Sep 22, 2016.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Sounds like Donald Trump may have an issue with the taxman real soon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...2a858e4b0e28b2b5170aa?utm_hp_ref=donald-trump

Gutierrez starts it at the beginning, and it just all goes downhill from there. From Trump Jr. to Trump, he breaks it in from the get go:

After that, he shares some with the IRS commissioner, who is under impeachment.

Oh, there's video of this as well:

Regardless, the big issue is that now that we've heard it from analysts, the news, other media types, and now we are hearing it from the IRS. Trump is lying out of his ass when he states that he an't release his tax info because he is under an audit. Complete, total ********.

But it won't matter to Trump supporters. Dare I say that he is their Messiah?

BL.

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

So what? He did not say the IRS is preventing him from releasing his returns. He said he is not releasing them while they are under audit. The majority of people don't care about his or Hillary's tax returns.

3. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Apparently, you hadn't watched the video. There is more to it than just releasing his taxes. There is the issue of taking money from a tax-exempt foundation in his name, and using that to pay out a court-ordered legal settlement, that he refused to pay out and was sued for.

Releasing taxes is just the tip of that iceberg. I'd suggest watching the video, because it's very detailed, as most congressional hearings are.

BL.

4. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Luis berating someone over taxes and ethics? The little midget makes me laugh.

Maybe he'll choke next time.

5. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

So you shoot the messenger and not the message. Duly noted.

BL.

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I have investigators looking into this. Let me tell you. They can't believe what they're finding...

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Seems to work well for others in PRSI. :rolleyes:

8. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

Apparently wishing for bodily harm of a congressman is less offensive than me insulting a trump supporter. I can't say I'm surprised of the need of a safe space.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I do not need a safe space.

10. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

You can't hide whats inside webby.

11. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Sorry, but no.

12. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

maybe when you're in your safe space, you think you don't need one, but when you're not in your safe space you do

13. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Immaturity all around. Obama, like most civilized people, would feel embarrassment over this ********, especially when the guy smacking his lips ever so rudely discusses the people at the other side of the aisle (that all sounds like segregation, too.)

14. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

this looks like a lecture at platos academy compared to the maturity of trumps campaign

15. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

You sound like Yoko.

16. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

at least i don't need a safe space

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Maybe stuff like:

Anyone eating those is, pardon my borrowing from the Chris Rock show out of context, a "damn fool" for eating that crap. Right down to ****ing car wax that comprises the solid material...

Sources:
    http://hubpages.com/health/WhatsInMyFoodSkittlesIngredientsExplained

https://www.reference.com/food/ingredients-skittles-8fde815ac8e19c

18. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

19. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Well, Yoko is crazy...

20. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

only a fool would want to be normal. just like only a fool requires a safe space

21. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

Again, deflection and attacking the messenger and not listening to the message. Straight from the IRS commissioner's mouth: It is illegal for an individual to use non/not-for-profit/tax-exempt funds from a foundation to pay a legally binding, court-ordered settlement.

That is what Trump did, and Trump will have to answer for that.

BL.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Who would have thought the Benghazi/email server crowd would have a problem with an elected official using his or her position on a committee for political purposes?

23. zin Suspended

Evidently not "straight from the commissioner's mouth" as that is not what he said. What he said is that you cannot take money from a non-profit organisation in order to benefit somebody closely associated with that organisation. He made absolutely no judgement on the specific case you're referring to, and he certainly never said that it was illegal to use non-profit funds to pay for a settlement.