House Intel finds 'no evidence of collusion' between Trump campaign and Russia

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Mar 12, 2018.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

3. 0007776 Suspended

I’m guessing Mueller is about to come down with something big and Nunes is trying to cover for Trump.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, I'm confident this investigation was thorough and totally above-board. That's why:
    • Nunes snuck over to the White House at night to share information with one of the subjects of the investigation, Donald Trump;
    • He continued to take part in the committee despite recusing himself;
    • Republicans refused to call Democratic-requested witnesses;
    • They failed to subpoena Trump Jr., Hope Hicks, Jeff Sessions, Cory Lewandowski and Michael Cohen, all of whom refused to answer certain questions;
    • They didn't enforce the subpoena against Steve Bannon;
    • They refused Democrats' request for documents;
    • Nunes authored the infamous Republicans-only diversionary memo.
    These are the actions of an honorable man, no doubt.

5. 0007776 Suspended

Also it seems as if among those he conveniently chose not to interview was everyone who has so far been indicted. I can’t help but wonder if he got a list of who not to interview from Trump and avoided anyone who had real evidence, and as a result was able to come to this conclusion.

6. appleisking macrumors 6502a

I'm expected to believe in the integrity of an investigation led by House Republicans? This is why investigative committees are composed of BIPARTISAN members and why special counsels are appointed.

7. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

8. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Robert Mueller said Iraq had WMDs:

The Deep State wants Trump out.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

GOP right now
    [​IMG]

10. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

As we've discussed, if the deep state existed and were remotely as powerful as you think it might, Trump wouldn't be President.

11. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

We really don't need a "deep state" to see the obvious.

12. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

If Trump was as remotely guilty as you think he is, Mueller would have delivered his head by now.

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You don't know that at all. Investigations can take years, Mueller hasn't even been on the clock for a full year. You have ZERO clue what Mueller has or doesnt have on Trump.

14. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

Maybe in a two-hour episode of Law & Order. Those of us in the real world have to wait a little longer.

15. Zenithal macrumors 604

If a deep state existed, Trump would have been taken out long ago.

Anyway, off to RSVP to this year's Deep State 2018 Charity Gala.

16. IWantItThatWay Suspended

What do you think the Access Hollywood tape was about?

You think when Obama said "Trump will not President" he was merely joking?

17. Altis macrumors 68030

The "Deep State" exists, it just isn't nearly as nefarious as it sounds.

When the government changes over, they only change over a tiny, tiny fraction of the people running (at the top).

Everyone else stays put and are the "deep state." They're just normal public sector workers, really.

18. Zenithal macrumors 604

So a deep state knew Trump would be successful one day when he failed to get nominated in the past? Obama said that because Trump was and still is a jackass.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2018 ---
    Not quite. The Deep State these guys assume exists is some secret organization with a handshake and code phrase to identify others and they control people, companies and countries. I worked in government for a number of years. All I'll say is that it's disorganized from top to bottom; from The White House to the typical post office worker. Doing anything on time and within budget was a ****ing miracle.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 12, 2018 ---
    Cost and experience. No point in purging perfectly smooth running offices for a new administration.

19. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

I think it was about Trump talking about grabbing women by the *****. You do realize that dirt tends to come up during campaigning right?

I believe Obama thought that Trump wouldn't win.

I guess we need to break out the tin foil fellas, looks like this one is going to be a doozy.

20. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Numes said weeks ago that they were finishing up the interviews and stating the findings.

Numes was only looking into Russian collusion. Most people on this board seem to think that Russian collusion is a dead issue but that Mueller was looking into obstruction of justice and money laundering. How does that differ from what Numes said ?
    --- Post Merged, Mar 13, 2018 ---
    You really think that the Mueller investigation is non partisan ? As this report shows, 13 of the 16 known attorneys in the investigation are democrats while the others have no party affiliation. Out of the 16, 11 have made donations to the Democrat party.

I'm not complaining about the Mueller investigation. I just wanted to show you that all investigations have bias. Also, in my opinion, all special counsels have the most bias since they are non-transparent with unlimited power.

21. sean000, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

Surely this is one of the most blatant cover-ups in American political history? Papa Putin must be proud of his useful idiot with the golden coif. He really has the House Republicans doing his bidding.

So what happens now to Mueller’s investigation of obstruction? He was close to wrapping that up but wanted to delay indictments until after the Russia investigation since they are linked.

22. Zenithal macrumors 604

People like Putin... they don't live forever. History has shown us that such leaders rarely exit quietly. Instead they're put up for execution.

23. juanm macrumors 68000

juanm

It reminds me of the conspiracy theories that postulate the existence of an almighty supersecret society able to shut down anyone, no matter their position. They were able to accomplish 9/11 in secret, they rule the world, they topple governments, and yet, somehow, they can’t do **** about videos that “uncover” the truth on... Youtube.

If there’s a Deep State right now in Washington, it’s the Kremlin.
    Don’t count on it. When he’s reelected in a few days, he’ll have extended his reign to a quarter of a century.

Through manipulation, influence and propaganda, his popularity is through the roof. His limits happened to be whatever economic sanctions were put in place in the later Obama years, and that’s when he moved on to the offensive abroad. I’m 100% confident that time will show that a lot of the Brexit/Le Pen campaigns were managed through the same astroturfing techniques that gave Trump his momentum.

24. Zenithal, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018

Zenithal macrumors 604

Don't underestimate desperate people. If men as powerful as Ghaddafi and Ceausescu fell and were executed by their own people, then it can also happen to Putin. The day that jumped up twit dies, the day the power he held over those in day to day operations in the Russian Federation goes away.

The Russian's mantra has hardly changed in centuries. Same action, different people.
    I've always looked toward the time Hillary essentially said his behavior is of someone who's a bit short down there, alluding to that Putin rigs his country's elections. I don't like HRC, but hell, the woman had a point. Former Bloc countries have a habit of rigging elections and not even trying to make it look as if they weren't rigged. Honestly, it's so typical of that regions' politics.

Here is a country that loves to swing its non-existent big testicles as if they were there. A country that loves to sweep its problems under the rug, such as their incredibly high STD rates, drug use and social problems such as marital abuse.

25. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000