House of Cards Season 4 - potential spoilers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fitshaced, Mar 5, 2016.

1. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Last season was a massive let down as it got a bit too excited of the hype it had gained, I believe. Each episode seemed to be filled with a new link to real life politics or a incredibly obvious product placement.

Good news, the product placements are not as obvious. The story is rubbishy though and House of Cards has become a soap opera far removed from its original tv series thriller. Very disappointed. I think they used up the edginess in the first two seasons.

2. JoshMKB24 macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

I actually really enjoyed season 4. I agree that season 3 was kind of a let down. I thought season 4 though was very interesting and it's great how it set up season 5.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Just finished Season 4. It was good, expert writing and tempo, but I'm getting fatigued with the Underwoods. It's time to wrap this story up. They need to have a big fall, go to jail, or live happily every after and be done with it.

Renewed for Season 5, hopefully the last season.

4. fitshaced thread starter macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Claire Underwood is unbearable. 100% false. What really bothered me though was the typical and predictable simple words of wisdom from her and the typical and predictable response from the men 'why didn't we think of that?'.

The Trump subtle references made me roll my eyes. Desperately lacking ideas on how to get it to it's destination whilst keeping the shock factor of seasons 1 and 2.

5. JoshMKB24 macrumors 6502a

JoshMKB24

I do agree with that as far as Claire and also the shock factor of the earlier season. I feel it has to be coming to a close soon. I could see maybe a season 6.........but they're going to run out of things to talk about seeing as you can only serve 2 terms as POTUS. I think season 5 as I mentioned before is set up great, but I don't know really where they go from there besides like was mentioned as well an actual criminal trial or something, but even that arc can only last for a season.