House of Cards season 5. Spoilers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by fitshaced, Jun 5, 2017.

1. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

I've watched all of Season 5 now. It seemed to start off well with signs that it was fixing the mistakes it made in seasons 3 and 4. However, it started to lose my interested soon after as it started copying from real life events.

The most ridiculous part about of this season was when Frank declared that his plan all along was to resign from the presidency and go into the private sector.

Season 6 won't have me as a viewer.

2. dangeng macrumors member

He said "...it was after the (occult) event in the woods when he suddenly realised that the real power is in the
    private sector." It was not all along...

I think this makes a lot of sense because he always believed in the real power of the presidency...

But overall I too found the latest season to be the most boring one unfortunately...
    I watched two or three episodes at a time and had no problem turning it of for a break, which was almost
    impossible for me in season 1-4.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2017 ---
    Which mistakes are you referring to?

3. bandrews macrumors 6502a

I'm ready for the Underwoods' "House of Cards" to come tumbling down now. It feels like it has run its course and anything further than a sixth season feels like flogging a dead horse. Studios need to know when to quit while they're still ahead.